Urch Forums

QEM or Tinbergen

urchuser1

Hello,

I am currently having 2 options to consider:

1. QEM Erasmus Mundus: Models And Methods and in Quantitative Economics Master, 2 year program.

2. Tinbergen Institute: 2 year MPhil program.

Both are funded with QEM's package being slightly bigger. I am weighing my options and in need of some thoughts/ insights. I was wondering if any of you could help me with. I'd really appreciate!!

Much thanks and good luck :)

I am a current QEM student. To be honest, it is a okay program (If you choose Paris and Barcelona as your mobility. Dont go to germany or venice) but if you are interested in going for a PhD, Tinbergen will land you in better schools than QEM can. If you choose QEM, the only option is to go to PSE-ETE for your 2nd year, which will guarantee you a t15 PhD in the US. For industry, QEM is the worst you could join.

Hi Kedar,

Thank you so much for your insights. That is much needed!!

My proposed mobility track is Barcelona - Paris - Barcelona. As I'm interested in Development economics, I think the PSE- ETE will be the best fit since this year ETE is merged with APE. But I don't know if there's chances for changing the track!?! How competitive do you think it is to apply for the PSE - ETE for 2nd year? Do you happen to know if there have been a lot of people who have applied successfully in the past?

I noticed on their website which mentioned the QEM- Sciences Po double track so that might be another option as well.

But thanks for the information. I really appreciate it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Almost everyone gets the mobility of their choice. But since you are scholarship holder, you can't change your mobility. You'll have to do Bar-Pa-Bar. I think Barcelona is great for 2nd year. It's supposed to be one of the best for Macro. It's also a great option for PhD. They have an exceptional record in placing students in top 15 PhD programs. So, go for it.