Urch Forums

Writing Sample

econjunior

I'm currently working on my applications for Econ Ph.D. programs, and I've noticed some of them have a writing sample requirement. Most of these say they want a writing sample of at least 15 pages. The best writing sample I could provide would be a working version of my thesis, however that is only about 10 pages (my thesis is fairly straight-forward analytically and doesn't require many pages to explain). Does anybody know how strict they are with these page requirements? My thesis will be 10 pages, single-spaced, in 2-columns if that helps.

Thanks!

I'm currently working on my applications for Econ Ph.D. programs, and I've noticed some of them have a writing sample requirement. Most of these say they want a writing sample of at least 15 pages. The best writing sample I could provide would be a working version of my thesis, however that is only about 10 pages (my thesis is fairly straight-forward analytically and doesn't require many pages to explain). Does anybody know how strict they are with these page requirements? My thesis will be 10 pages, single-spaced, in 2-columns if that helps.

Thanks!

I doubt they'd care but could you re-format as double-spaced, single column?