Urch Forums

Profile Evaluation for Fall 2019

econpiggie

Hi there! I was hoping to get your thoughts on my profile, which schools / programs might make sense to apply to, and if there's things I could be doing in the next year to strengthen my application.

Undegrad: Non-HYP Ivy 2016 grad

Major: Economics with High Honors (3.86)

Econ Coursework: Econometrics, Micro, Macro, Intro, Development, Finance, Social Entrepreneurship: A's

Adv. Econometrics, Adv. Micro, Adv. Macro, Finance II: A - 's

Math Coursework: Multivariable Calc (A in highschool), Linear Algebra (Non-Recorded Grade), Differential Equations (A)

Research Experience

Research assistant for development economics professor

Senior honors thesis - won award for best thesis in the department

Teaching Experience

STATA TA for development economics senior seminar

Other Experience

Management Consulting - 2+ years

Non-Profit Externship for 4 months researching impact of various projects in developing country

Research Interest

Applied Microeconomics, Development Economics, and Market Design

Particularly sustainable business and financial solutions to development and poverty concerns

Questions:

1) What schools should I be aiming to apply to? Are there certain programs that would make more sense given my interests - I've had professors mention the PEG program at HKS and am wondering if the political-econ or business-econ mix might make sense given my more applied interests.

2) Should I find an online course for real-analysis to take during the summer of 2019?