Mathematical Statistics I: A

Mathematical Statistics II: A-

Last Set of Classes that I'm taking in the fall:

Senior Thesis

Econ of Education

Differential Equations

Real Analysis

Coding Experience:

R (strong), RATS (used for one class, I think this program is awful), LaTeX (learning this for a nice looking thesis)

Other Experience:

Did Literature Review for a Professor one semester on a research topic he was exploring.

With the same Professor, did a one-on-one class where he taught me discrete choice and how to code the models

Tutored Intermediate Micro for 2 years.

Interned at Porsche Cars North America last fall where I used some techniques I learned in Time Series to forecast car sales.

Personal Info:

During my Junior year I developed Crohn's Disease, it has been very hard for me. However, I recently found a treatment that looks like is getting me back to "normal." For this reason I am graduating in 4 and 1/2 years, which is not what I originally planned.

Thesis:

Writing my thesis on transportation demand estimation (using the famous Train discrete choice book). My adviser says that its the most ambitious senior thesis hes ever seen, however I don't go to an amazing school so I'll take that with a grain of salt

LORs:

One really strong letter from a professor I've worked with a while. One from My Intro to Analysis professor, and one from my thesis adviser. (I think the two economist letters should be pretty good

Goals:

My adviser seems to think that anything below 30 I should be really strong for, and have a decent chance 15-25. What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading!

I think your advisor is right about the schools ranked below 30. I think he/she might be a bit too optimistic about your chances at the 15-25 ranked schools. I'd say you are competitive for those places, but I wouldn't say you have "decent chance". That phrase sounds to me like you should expect to get in with relative ease, which I don't think is true