Urch Forums

Tilburg University GRE requirements

padma

Hi.

I am applying to the Research Masters program at Tilburg University. The requirements for the application states that all scores, including GRE, cannot be older than two years (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me). If I apply with my older scores, which are still valid, will it be possible for me to get a provisional offer (I'll retake the GRE then and make sure the scores are the same or higher) or will my application not be reviewed at all?

I'd appreciate any insights into this.

Thanks.

You should email your program admissions officer or the department that offers the program. Only they can answer your question.

I did do that, but the department hasn't responded. I posted the question here in order to hear from people who might have had a similar problem with this program or some other program.

Hi.

I am applying to the Research Masters program at Tilburg University. The requirements for the application states that all scores, including GRE, cannot be older than two years (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me). If I apply with my older scores, which are still valid, will it be possible for me to get a provisional offer (I'll retake the GRE then and make sure the scores are the same or higher) or will my application not be reviewed at all?

I'd appreciate any insights into this.

Thanks.

I don't see any ambiguity here. They explicitly state their requirement, and now, you wonder if they'll allow you to skirt said requirement? There is a high chance that your application won't be reviewed, seeing as to how the admin side sorts all the application packages before your folder is reviewed by a committee/faculty member. You could hypothetically get an email from the admin staff highlighting that your scores are too old, and will require you to supply newer scores, but that's the extent of it. Seems highly unlikely you'd get a provisional offer (assuming you've met all other requirements).

• 3 weeks later...
In these cases, I recommend to reach out directly to the staff of the graduate school (in the case of Tilburg ideally the Director of Graduate Studies) (and not just simply the department). I hope you make it in and join us in Tilburg next fall!

Thank you! I am fervently hoping I get in.

I was unable to retake the GRE before the application deadline. Future candidates should know that it is best if they can provide the required scores; however, if for some reason you are unable to do so, they allow you to upload a document stating that if given admission, you will be willing to take the test at some future date to meet their requirements.

I don't know how this will affect my chances of getting in or receiving a scholarship, but in the very least the GRE requirement should not stop someone from applying (I considered not applying at all, which would've been a mistake).