Urch Forums

College Doesn't Offer "Real Analysis"

ECONDetective

I went to where the links took me for your college course descriptions. Perhaps the course is just not offered this semester. Looking at all the courses, I found:

MAT 341 (Advanced Calculus I) is an introductory real analysis course on the level of a text such as Abbott, Gaughan, etc. (i.e. a real analysis course covering the real line (R^1) but not metric spaces, etc).

MAT 442 (Advanced Calculus II) is a second-semester real analysis course on the level of a text such as Rosenlicht, Baby Rudin, or Mardsen.

"Among the topics discussed are limits, continuity, differentiability, the implicit and inverse functions theorems, multiple integrals, Green’s and Stokes’s theorems, infinite series, uniform convergence, improper integrals, and integral representation of functions."

I would inquire when both are offered, and if possible, take both of them.

Also, you are at a CUNY school, so you can take courses at other CUNY schools via e-permit. They will go on your home college transcript, though the exact course title and description will vary depending on whether your home college has a course that is considered a direct equivalent or not. You can check to see if there is a direct equivalent via the "Evaluate Transfer Credit" tool in CUNYFirst.

Hunter is less than 25 minutes away via subway and Math 351 should be exactly what you need.