Urch Forums

What is the best master program for HRM(good) US Phd?

Funnyjoker

I am a rookie in this forum, and I want to ask something about Econ master. I'd heard that the LSE EME dominate all others, but in terms of US Phd application in the futurem how to rank these programs?

LSE EME

LSE Msc Economics

Oxford Mphil

Sciences Po. (I like Mayer and Chaney lol.)

Duke MAE or MAPE

Pennstate MAE

Chicago MAPSS

BGSE

Or other programs?

Thank you!

As tutonic said BGSE has two tracks. One, the advanced track, is their first year of the PhD and is brutal since they do not curve grades and a lot of people fail. However if you already know that you do not want to stay there you can take two advanced courses and one elective per term to lighten your load.

I recommend it if you have a good preparation and like macro (the macro rec letters are way better than everything else). If not LSE, Bocconi, and MAPSS are very good as well.

Personally I think the two year masters at Bocconi is the best in placing in the US. First of all two years means you can apply while you are still a student and don’t have to worry about finding a job, and you have more time to really learn the material. Then most importantly, their placements are really good, probably the best.

As tutonic said BGSE has two tracks. One, the advanced track, is their first year of the PhD and is brutal since they do not curve grades and a lot of people fail. However if you already know that you do not want to stay there you can take two advanced courses and one elective per term to lighten your load.

I recommend it if you have a good preparation and like macro (the macro rec letters are way better than everything else). If not LSE, Bocconi, and MAPSS are very good as well.

Personally I think the two year masters at Bocconi is the best in placing in the US. First of all two years means you can apply while you are still a student and don’t have to worry about finding a job, and you have more time to really learn the material. Then most importantly, their placements are really good, probably the best.

Thanks for your suggestion and information you gave to me.

For me, I prefer to entry a strong master program and then apply for a Phd program in the US, because I need to go deeper in math before my Phd application and I also need rec letter.

Moreover, where can I know more about the Bocconi's placement in Phd?

Thanks for your suggestion and information you gave to me.

For me, I prefer to entry a strong master program and then apply for a Phd program in the US, because I need to go deeper in math before my Phd application and I also need rec letter.

Moreover, where can I know more about the Bocconi's placement in Phd?

Probably website, or contact them directly. You could also look at the profiles of the students at the programs you are aiming for.