Urch Forums

Shall I hide a B grad in my part-time course?

happyecon

As a PhD applicant, I am working while taking a PhD level course part-time. I am getting a B and I don't have time to improve my grade due to working. The school I am applying to only requires me to include schools that I attended for more than a year, not every single course that I took from any university. The course is a hardcore course with B as average. If I am applying to top 5 programs, would this grade help me or hurt me?

My whole profile is here:

https://www.www.urch.com/forums/phd-economics/161313-profile-evaluation-help-needed-non-traditional-applicant-weak-coursework.html

In your original profile, you say that you did not study too much due to partying. In the masters, you have said the same thing. Now, you are implying the same thing again.. that you did not study as much due to ‘working’ this time. If you have top publications, your letter writers are much more informed than people here on urch. I dont think things add up here. Plus if you are getting a B in grad level class, you may also want to reconsider your options, as a B is equivalent to a C in grad school.