Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 301

Thread: 2020 Sweat Thread

  1. #141
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    1


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Sponsored Ad:
    Are you referring to Agriculture and Resource Economics (ARE) or just Economics? It is quite weird we only see 2-3 straight Economics post?

  2. #142
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by drxzj View Post
    Are you referring to Agriculture and Resource Economics (ARE) or just Economics? It is quite weird we only see 2-3 straight Economics post?
    yeah that's why I was confused. I'm wondering if these were informal emails from professors or maybe two waves of acceptances?

  3. #143
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Congrats to people who got into Chicago! I wonder if that's an implicit rejection as I haven't heard anything from the school.

  4. #144
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by angela213213 View Post
    Congrats to people who got into Chicago! I wonder if that's an implicit rejection as I haven't heard anything from the school.
    I was thinking about this too. It looks like they also offered Masters acceptances to those who barely missed the cutoff. I'm assuming at this point, as I have not heard anything, that I and anyone else who hasn't heard back are probably in the rejected category. I could be wrong, though.

  5. #145
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecon View Post
    I was thinking about this too. It looks like they also offered Masters acceptances to those who barely missed the cutoff. I'm assuming at this point, as I have not heard anything, that I and anyone else who hasn't heard back are probably in the rejected category. I could be wrong, though.
    Same here as well. I wasn't exactly expecting to get into Chicago anyway, but after the past couple of days I'm expecting that it will definitely be a rejection now.

  6. #146
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    1


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    lol it's like every program I applied to hasn't made decisions yet. this waiting is brutal.

    Semi-related, does anyone know if the Rochester acceptances are Econ or Finance Econ? I applied for the regular Econ PhD and my portal says under review.

  7. #147
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by applyingforecon View Post
    lol it's like every program I applied to hasn't made decisions yet. this waiting is brutal.

    Semi-related, does anyone know if the Rochester acceptances are Econ or Finance Econ? I applied for the regular Econ PhD and my portal says under review.
    It might be Econ. Rochester Finance released decisions much earlier.

  8. #148
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by applyingforecon View Post
    lol it's like every program I applied to hasn't made decisions yet. this waiting is brutal.

    Semi-related, does anyone know if the Rochester acceptances are Econ or Finance Econ? I applied for the regular Econ PhD and my portal says under review.

    I just got a Rochester Econ acceptance about 20 minutes ago, so its possible the other ones were for economics as well.

  9. #149
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Congrats to those who got into Rochester! Does anyone know if Rochester is done sending out the acceptances?

  10. #150
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    1


    4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 Sweat Thread

    Anyone else notice that last year this equivalent Thursday (Feb. 14, 2019) was a huge day for admissions and rejections?

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread
    By instajar in forum PhD in Business
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 03-17-2020, 03:49 PM
  2. Can we start a sweat thread?
    By applyingforecon in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2020, 12:47 AM
  3. 2019 Admission Sweat Thread
    By tm_member in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 1694
    Last Post: 05-31-2019, 10:29 PM
  4. 2013 Application Sweat Thread
    By tm_member in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 6122
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 08:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •