Urch Forums

Profile Evaluation for Fall 2021

MathEcon007

Type of Undergrad: Top 15 SUNY school, Economics and Mathematics double major.

Undergrad GPA: 3.87, Econ major GPA- 3.83 , Math Major GPA- 3.93

GRE: Quant- 166, Verbal- 154, Writing- 3.5

International Student at USA.

Math Courses: Calculus 1,2,3 (All As), Linear Algebra 1,2 (Both A-), Intro to Proof, Abstract Algebra, Differential Equations, Probability Theory, Core Mathematics Problem Seminar, Real Analysis (As and A-s)

Econ Courses: Introduction and Intermediate Microeconomics (A-), Introduction and Intermediate Macroeconomics (A), Business Statistic 1 and 2 (A), Econometrics (A-), Development Economics (A), Ecological Economics (A-), International Trade (A), Senior Seminar (A), Independent Study (A-), History of Economic Thought (B+)

Letters of Recommendations:

1. Professor for 5 courses

2. Professor for Independent Study and Business Statistics

3. Professor for several Math courses/ Econ courses.

Research Experience: Independent Study and Senior thesis. Independent study's paper published as a co-author with the professor.

Teaching Experience: Tutoring for 5 semester, will do for next 2 semester as well. TA for Calculus 1 for 4 semesters.

Concerns: Ranking of the University.

Questions: Which universities should I aiming for? One of my professor is from West Virgina University, and he said he will talk to them about me but nothing specific. Vanderbilt, Purdue- are these very top to aim?