Urch Forums

Job Market for International Students

bumbisoft

The academic job market doesn't have a problem with green cards. (Although right at the moment all sorts of immigration issues have become problematic.) Some government jobs require citizenship. Some smaller private firms aren't set up to handle immigration issues.

There is some discrimination against Asian students because of perceived language ability issues.

Even if DJT wins, have his policies been actually anti skilled immigration pre-COVID? Considering what I'd expect to be strong lobbies and bipartisan support for skilled labour (mostly for tech etc.), is skilled labour actually going to be a long term issue? I'm not sure, hence I ask.

Even if DJT wins, have his policies been actually anti skilled immigration pre-COVID? Considering what I'd expect to be strong lobbies and bipartisan support for skilled labour (mostly for tech etc.), is skilled labour actually going to be a long term issue? I'm not sure, hence I ask.

hahaha I think that was a rhetoric question :)