Urch Forums

Profile evaluation

jshp45

Type of Undergrad: BS Econ from Unknown school in LAC

Undergrad GPA: 3.3+

Type of Grad: Msc in applied economics, same university

Grad GPA: 3.8

GRE: 166Q-152V-3.5 AWA

Math Courses: Calculus I-II, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, math (grad level), matematical statistics (grad level)

Econ Courses (grad-level): two courses of Empirical IO, advanced econometrics, micro I, micro II, macro

Other Courses: Rice Phd Math camp

Letters of Recommendation: 1) Head of my country central bank (Yale graduated) 2) associate professor at Oberta University in Spain; 3) researcher at IMF

Research Experience: RA for assistant professor (2 years). My bachelor thesis was published in Empirical Economics, and my master thesis was submitted to a top macro journal.

Teaching Experience: 2 years teaching macro and fundamental economics for engineers.

Research Interests: International economics and IO

Applying to: Not sure yet.

Thanks

1- People are not replying because you did not list the respective grades earned in each course.

2- Do you mean that you have LORs from professors who are not in your university?

Sorry. Here is the complete profile:

Profile evaluation

Math Courses: Calculus I (A-), Calculus II(B+), Linear Algebra © Differential Equations (A-) math (grad level) (A), matematical statistics (grad level) (A)

Econ Courses (grad-level): two courses of Empirical IO (A) advanced econometrics (A), micro I (A) micro II (A), macro (A)

Letters of Recommendation: 1) Head of my country central bank and lecturer at my University (Yale graduated) 2) associate professor at Oberta University in Spain (ex professor at my University); 3) researcher at IMF (ex lecturer at my University).

Research Experience: RA for assistant professor (2 years). My bachelor thesis was published in Empirical Economics, and my master thesis was submitted to a top macro journal.

Teaching Experience: 2 years teaching macro and fundamental economics for engineers.

Thanks

1- People are not replying because you did not list the respective grades earned in each course.

2- Do you mean that you have LORs from professors who are not in your university?

Hi, thanks. This is the complete profile

Math Courses: Calculus I (A) Calculus II (B) , Linear Algebra ©, Differential Equations A), math (grad level) (A), mathematical statistics (grad level) (A)

Econ Courses (grad-level): two courses of Empirical IO (A+), Advanced Econometrics (A+), micro I (A), micro II (A), macro (A)

ECON Courses Undergrad: Micro I (A), Micro II (B) Macro I (B), Macro II (A), Macro III (A), Econometrics I (A), Econometrics II (B), Macroeconometrics (A)

Letters of Recommendation: 1) Head of my country central bank and ex professor (Phd in economics from Yale) 2) associate professor at Oberta University in Spain and ex professor (Phd in Economics Universidad de Barcelona); 3) researcher at IMF and ex professor (Phd in economics UWM)

Research Experience: RA for associate professor in my university (2 years). My bachelor thesis was published in Empirical Economics, and my master thesis was submitted to a top macro journal.

Thanks