Urch Forums

GRE requirement for Cambridge Mphil Economics

Econmoney

So basically, the department of economics at Cambridge mentions that the Faculty will not normally consider admitting a student whose score registers below 90th percentile in the quantitative section and below the 50th percentile in the analytical writing section of the test.

My score currently is 167Q, which, when I took the test was equal to 90th percentile. A month ago, ETS updated their percentile charts and a 167 is now 89th percentile. Also, being an international student my verbal score is low (59th percentile =153). My AWA score is 4.0 (55th percentile).

Does the AdComm really use GRE as a filter? Because I have a solid GPA and have written 2 research papers in my undergrad and don't want to get filtered out.

Unfortunately, with not being 100% sure, I have been told that all UK schools are extremely strict with their requirements and would no way bend it even tiny bit. As far as I know they (Oxbridge) have 3.5 GPA requirement as well and if your GPA is below that cut off point, they would not even consider you. I know it is stupid but that is what they're doing...

Unfortunately, with not being 100% sure, I have been told that all UK schools are extremely strict with their requirements and would no way bend it even tiny bit. As far as I know they (Oxbridge) have 3.5 GPA requirement as well and if your GPA is below that cut off point, they would not even consider you. I know it is stupid but that is what they're doing...

I do have a solid gpa from a not so well known UK uni along with good internships and 2 research papers. So my question being is gre a very strict filter since they say they may not admit under normal circumstances

I do have a solid gpa from a not so well known UK uni along with good internships and 2 research papers. So my question being is gre a very strict filter since they say they may not admit under normal circumstances

I think your best bet is to email them. I heard they are very responsive.