Urch Forums

Applying to multiple programs at one school

TweeNwin

Thanks! So I shouldn't apply to more than one program unless the school specifies that they don't share information?

That's much too strong. Few schools supply this information. In general, it's okay to apply to more than one program unless you see something specific saying you shouldn't.

However, if you are applying to more than one program at a school it suggests you aren't all that set on any one path. (Economics and applied economics might be an exception since they're so close.) Give some thought to what you really want to do.

That's much too strong. Few schools supply this information. In general, it's okay to apply to more than one program unless you see something specific saying you shouldn't.

However, if you are applying to more than one program at a school it suggests you aren't all that set on any one path. (Economics and applied economics might be an exception since they're so close.) Give some thought to what you really want to do.

I am interested in environmental economics. My past research are all in environmental/energy economics. However, it seems to me that most people change their research interests in grad school (my advisor/professors and other economists who visited our school). So I plan to apply to both economics and applied economics and see how things pan out.