Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 609

Thread: 2021 Sweat Thread

  1. #91
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Sponsored Ad:
    Rejected from TI here as well. I had applied to 17 PhD Finance programs and TI. Was counting on 3 shortlists, one of them is gone. I guess I have rejections lined up owing to my poor grades in freshman and sophomore years in Physics. Have a decent profile thereafter, but the first poor impression seems unbridgeable.

  2. #92
    monetary
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    3


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eshan View Post
    Rejected from TI here as well. I had applied to 17 PhD Finance programs and TI. Was counting on 3 shortlists, one of them is gone. I guess I have rejections lined up owing to my poor grades in freshman and sophomore years in Physics. Have a decent profile thereafter, but the first poor impression seems unbridgeable.
    Too early to tell how this cycle is going to go. There's a lot of randomness and noise in admissions, and you can get rejected from an "easier" school and get into a "harder" one. There's lots of reasons this year might be harder, but also some reasons why at the end of it all it might be fairly similar to prior years. Schools are dealing with a lot of uncertainty as well, and we won't know until we actually get into the hear of admissions, which won't be for a few more weeks.

  3. #93
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Hey all,

    When I was waiting to hear back from schools in spring 2018 I made an R-shiny app using gradcafe data from the prior year to track when schools sent out decisions and what their admissions strategy was (all at once, staggered, first round and waitlist, etc.). I went ahead and updated my code to track the 2020 cycle. I'm not sure how representative 2020 will be since this will probably be a crazy cycle, but you may still find it helpful. Since we're not supposed to spam the thread with url's, you can access it via the homepage in my profile.

    Good luck to everyone applying this year. It can be a brutal process, but remember all you need is one!

  4. #94
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnigan9 View Post
    Hey all,

    When I was waiting to hear back from schools in spring 2018 I made an R-shiny app using gradcafe data from the prior year to track when schools sent out decisions and what their admissions strategy was (all at once, staggered, first round and waitlist, etc.). I went ahead and updated my code to track the 2020 cycle. I'm not sure how representative 2020 will be since this will probably be a crazy cycle, but you may still find it helpful. Since we're not supposed to spam the thread with url's, you can access it via the homepage in my profile.

    Good luck to everyone applying this year. It can be a brutal process, but remember all you need is one!

    Thanks, mate.

    Despite the bias stemming from the underlying GradCafe data, your R-shiny app is very informative!

  5. #95
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnigan9 View Post
    Hey all,

    When I was waiting to hear back from schools in spring 2018 I made an R-shiny app using gradcafe data from the prior year to track when schools sent out decisions and what their admissions strategy was (all at once, staggered, first round and waitlist, etc.). I went ahead and updated my code to track the 2020 cycle. I'm not sure how representative 2020 will be since this will probably be a crazy cycle, but you may still find it helpful. Since we're not supposed to spam the thread with url's, you can access it via the homepage in my profile.

    Good luck to everyone applying this year. It can be a brutal process, but remember all you need is one!
    How did you eliminate the trolls from your retrieved data? Congrats, checking out!

  6. #96
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Wow I'm impressed how you used the time of anxiety and impatience to do something actually meaningful! I'm checking it out right now and it's very helpful thank you XD

  7. #97
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Anyone contacted Tinbergen?

  8. #98
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Apparently, Harvard econ admission has been cut by more than a half this year.

  9. #99
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    According to gradcafe, some international students have got interview calls from Michigan State. Do they ever take in international students without interview? If I don't get an interview call, does it mean IR?

  10. #100
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFarmer View Post
    Apparently, Harvard econ admission has been cut by more than a half this year.
    Where did you hear this?

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 22 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 19 guests)

  1. DeadInLongRun,
  2. MacroFin,
  3. startz

Similar Threads

  1. Sweat thread?
    By basco in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2020, 03:11 PM
  2. 2020 Sweat Thread
    By tm_member in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 301
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 07:00 PM
  3. Can we start a sweat thread?
    By applyingforecon in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2020, 12:47 AM
  4. Official NSF Sweat Thread 2011
    By EconForeThought in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 05:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •