Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Sweat Thread

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

Sponsored Ad:
    Rejected from TI here as well. I had applied to 17 PhD Finance programs and TI. Was counting on 3 shortlists, one of them is gone. I guess I have rejections lined up owing to my poor grades in freshman and sophomore years in Physics. Have a decent profile thereafter, but the first poor impression seems unbridgeable.

monetary

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by eshan View Post
    Rejected from TI here as well. I had applied to 17 PhD Finance programs and TI. Was counting on 3 shortlists, one of them is gone. I guess I have rejections lined up owing to my poor grades in freshman and sophomore years in Physics. Have a decent profile thereafter, but the first poor impression seems unbridgeable.
    Too early to tell how this cycle is going to go. There's a lot of randomness and noise in admissions, and you can get rejected from an "easier" school and get into a "harder" one. There's lots of reasons this year might be harder, but also some reasons why at the end of it all it might be fairly similar to prior years. Schools are dealing with a lot of uncertainty as well, and we won't know until we actually get into the hear of admissions, which won't be for a few more weeks.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Hey all,

When I was waiting to hear back from schools in spring 2018 I made an R-shiny app using gradcafe data from the prior year to track when schools sent out decisions and what their admissions strategy was (all at once, staggered, first round and waitlist, etc.). I went ahead and updated my code to track the 2020 cycle. I'm not sure how representative 2020 will be since this will probably be a crazy cycle, but you may still find it helpful. Since we're not supposed to spam the thread with url's, you can access it via the homepage in my profile.

Good luck to everyone applying this year. It can be a brutal process, but remember all you need is one!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by flynnigan9 View Post
    Hey all,

When I was waiting to hear back from schools in spring 2018 I made an R-shiny app using gradcafe data from the prior year to track when schools sent out decisions and what their admissions strategy was (all at once, staggered, first round and waitlist, etc.). I went ahead and updated my code to track the 2020 cycle. I'm not sure how representative 2020 will be since this will probably be a crazy cycle, but you may still find it helpful. Since we're not supposed to spam the thread with url's, you can access it via the homepage in my profile.

Good luck to everyone applying this year. It can be a brutal process, but remember all you need is one!

Thanks, mate.

Despite the bias stemming from the underlying GradCafe data, your R-shiny app is very informative!

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by flynnigan9 View Post
    Hey all,

How did you eliminate the trolls from your retrieved data? Congrats, checking out!

Good post? Yes | No

Wow I'm impressed how you used the time of anxiety and impatience to do something actually meaningful! I'm checking it out right now and it's very helpful thank you XD

Good post? Yes | No

Anyone contacted Tinbergen?

Good post? Yes | No

Apparently, Harvard econ admission has been cut by more than a half this year.

Good post? Yes | No

According to gradcafe, some international students have got interview calls from Michigan State. Do they ever take in international students without interview? If I don't get an interview call, does it mean IR?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFarmer View Post
    Apparently, Harvard econ admission has been cut by more than a half this year.
    Where did you hear this?

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread Information