See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Sweat Thread

monetary

Good post? Yes | No

Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

Sponsored Ad:
    Quote Originally Posted by therealslimkt View Post
    Also, beginning of February?! That's really early - is that actually when results come in?
    So I went through this whole process two years ago. I got my first acceptance at the very end of January, and starting in February there were several schools sending out offers every week, accelerating as the month went on. It's true official decision dates aren't until March, but it's a process to send out acceptances, gauge interest, and then send out more acceptances/waitlists as necessary -- schools don't want to send out too many or too few. By early to mid-March I guess the vast majority of programs have sent out their first round of offers.

You can check this against prior year sweat threads and against Grad Cafe results, I'm pretty sure this is an accurate description of the timeline. I'm pretty anxious already, but I'm not really expecting to hear anything until that first week in February at the earliest.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Question Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

Hey anyone else not having their GRE for Booth show up as received on their profile? All other programs I applied to including Chicago Econ have received my scores. I checked Booth's codes, and I definitely sent it to the right place. Should I contact them?

Good post? Yes | No

Mine also says awaiting on the status page although I sent GRE scores awhile ago and ETS says they've been sent. Most likely the administrator who matches scores to applications hasn't gone through their database yet so it's probably not cause for concern, but if you do contact Booth please let me know what they say.

Good post? Yes | No

Mine says awaiting as well. Given the application portal suggests waiting 4 weeks after the application deadline before reaching out about unmatched test scores, I don't think there's anything to worry about at this point.

Good post? Yes | No

I have Booth and Yale awaiting and also sent the scores a while ago. Anyone alse on the same boat with Yale?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by econ32 View Post
    Anyone alse on the same boat with Yale?
    Yale's portal says my GRE has been received as of 12/9/2020, which happens to be the date I sent it to their institution code (3987). I submitted my application on 12/14 for what it's worth.

My GRE is still "awaiting" at Booth too.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by yitz15 View Post
    Yale's portal says my GRE has been received as of 12/9/2020, which happens to be the date I sent it to their institution code (3987). I submitted my application on 12/14 for what it's worth.

My GRE is still "awaiting" at Booth too.
    Thanks! I submitted my scores on 10/30, my application on 12/14 and still nothing. Did you add the department code (1801)? I did, no idea if it makes any difference whatsoever.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by econ32 View Post
    Thanks! I submitted my scores on 10/30, my application on 12/14 and still nothing. Did you add the department code (1801)? I did, no idea if it makes any difference whatsoever.
    Hm, that's weird. I did not include the department code when it sent it, but I can't imagine that makes a big difference. Maybe it is worth checking in with them by email?

Good post? Yes | No

Gradcafe shows 2 Penn State acceptances. Do such fast and early acceptances usually happen?

monetary

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by ginger gold View Post
    Gradcafe shows 2 Penn State acceptances. Do such fast and early acceptances usually happen?
    As far as I can tell that's pretty rare... I think we've got 4 more weeks until acceptances really get going.

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information