Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Sweat Thread

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

Sponsored Ad:
    Has anyone received funding info for Berkeley? They told me they will be sending funding offers early this week.

Eager!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Does anyone have inside info from UT Austin? They sent acceptances and rejections over the past few days, but I've heard nothing so far.

Good post? Yes | No

I'm on the waitlist and received the open house invite. Looks like the schedule involves presentations from fields, interactions with faculty and current PhD students, and a formal Q&A with the DGS and Prof. Cosar.

Last year, seems like they had a "strong waitlist" but invited everyone to this open day. Maybe this year they changed their approach.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by guessandverify View Post
    I'm on the waitlist and received the open house invite. Looks like the schedule involves presentations from fields, interactions with faculty and current PhD students, and a formal Q&A with the DGS and Prof. Cosar.

Last year, seems like they had a "strong waitlist" but invited everyone to this open day. Maybe this year they changed their approach.
    Agreed. I was waitlisted but not invited to the open day, so congrats on being way in front of me LOL. I also think UVA drastically shrank their waitlist size this year because the reports on GC are just way fewer than 2020&2019 levels. And I remember one post from last cycle that mentioned how UVA admitted that they had inadvertently accepted too many people in the first round due to the trickle down/up from other schools, so this year's first round admission number seems a bit on the small side as well.

monetary

Good post? Yes | No

I guess UMD is done? Only a handful of acceptances and waitlists got posted on gradcafe. I'm pretty disappointed not to receive anything since I was waitlisted 2 years ago and overall am doing better this time around. Seems like they may be pretty limited by COVID.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Wahasky View Post
    I guess UMD is done? Only a handful of acceptances and waitlists got posted on gradcafe. I'm pretty disappointed not to receive anything since I was waitlisted 2 years ago and overall am doing better this time around. Seems like they may be pretty limited by COVID.
    I'm doing a pre-doc in DC and heard on several occasions that UMD is especially limited funding wise relative to most schools.

Eager!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Wahasky View Post
    Dude, if you are doing better this round, there's no need to dwell on the result from one school. The process is always random and you never know. I have a friend who was admitted JHU and UVA 3 years ago, but decided to do a masters at top5. He ended up being rejected by JHU and waitlisted by UVA this year...

Good post? Yes | No

Not to sound super anxious, but I got an update on my Rochester portal. It says "Decision Released", but no date and the link leads to a page that says "There is no update to your application status to report." Does anyone else see this? It's been there for maybe an hour.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by econstudentcorp View Post
    Not to sound super anxious, but I got an update on my Rochester portal. It says "Decision Released", but no date and the link leads to a page that says "There is no update to your application status to report." Does anyone else see this? It's been there for maybe an hour.
    Me too. I guess previous rejections/acceptances are real and they are slowly releasing decisions. The admins are probably loading the letters (or have loaded them), and all will pop out at the same time.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by funnyman View Post
    Still haven't heard from Northwestern. Based on last year's cycle, I wonder if this is an implicit WL.
    Me neither. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high but it's getting quite hard...🤣

Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread Information