Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Sweat Thread

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

Sponsored Ad:
    Good to hear from all others in the same boat! I have a question, what should we do if we don’t get off the waitlist by tomorrow? Should we accept our best offer and hope that they will let us renege later?

economist

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by cp9290 View Post
    Good to hear from all others in the same boat! I have a question, what should we do if we donít get off the waitlist by tomorrow? Should we accept our best offer and hope that they will let us renege later?
    Basically, yes.(And it is almost certain that you'll be allowed to renege.")

But if you haven't already done so, if you are on a waitlist and would accept their offer unconditionally tell them right-away.

Eager!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

As long as your school has signed onto the April 15 Resolution, your school has to let you renege on acceptances. April 15 Resolution | Council of Graduate Schools

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

I need some waitlists to start moving! It feels like it's going at a glacial pace right now.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Good to hear from all others in the same boat! I have a question, what should we do if we donít get off the waitlist by tomorrow? Should we accept our best offer and hope that they will let us renege later?
    I was going to respond that I thought the April 15th deadline extended to midnight, but I see what you're saying. I assume that a lot of people keep their offers in hand until very late on the 15th, and that the waitlists start clearing on the 16th. Can anyone confirm?

Good post? Yes | No

I thought the deadline was 5pm EST on Thursday, the 15th? So the reasonable thing to do if you're sitting on the waitlist at a school you prefer, is to wait until maybe a few hours before the deadline and then submit the official acceptance form to your standing offer if you do not hear anything from your waitlist school. If the waitlist school does admit a little after the deadline which seems relatively unlikely, it is usually doable (and reasonable) to renege. Does this sound right?

economist

Good post? Yes | No

What time on April 15 is the deadline?
    The deadline should be 11:59 pm of April 15 in the time zone of the school offering financial support.
    from the Council of Graduate Schools.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by blackfootedpig View Post
    I thought the deadline was 5pm EST on Thursday, the 15th? So the reasonable thing to do if you're sitting on the waitlist at a school you prefer, is to wait until maybe a few hours before the deadline and then submit the official acceptance form to your standing offer if you do not hear anything from your waitlist school. If the waitlist school does admit a little after the deadline which seems relatively unlikely, it is usually doable (and reasonable) to renege. Does this sound right?
    Maybe I’m a bit too paranoid but I wouldn’t wait till the last few hours because to accept the offer (at least at the school I’ve been accepted to), I have to print out the letter, sign it, scan it and send it by email. Ideally I’d like to get an acknowledgment email from the school before the deadline

Good post? Yes | No

Maybe I’m a bit too paranoid but I wouldn’t wait till the last few hours because to accept the offer (at least at the school I’ve been accepted to), I have to print out the letter, sign it, scan it and send it by email. Ideally I’d like to get an acknowledgment email from the school before the deadline
    This is probably a dumb question, but do all schools have an offer you sign? The school I accepted only specified to accept through the portal which I've already done, but the offer letter had no part that I had to sign. I e-mailed the graduate advisor yesterday but she hasn't replied.

I'm weirdly worried about it since other schools I was accepted to had letters (some of which I signed and returned to indicate I was declining the offer). Should I reach out to the advisor again?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by anonomist View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but do all schools have an offer you sign? The school I accepted only specified to accept through the portal which I've already done, but the offer letter had no part that I had to sign. I e-mailed the graduate advisor yesterday but she hasn't replied.

I'm weirdly worried about it since other schools I was accepted to had letters (some of which I signed and returned to indicate I was declining the offer). Should I reach out to the advisor again?
    There is no need to panic. They want you just as much as you want them.

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast

Thread Information