Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Sweat Thread

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

Sponsored Ad:
    I think I saw this number somewhere too, but do you know what it is based on? My limited understanding is that for pure Business PhDs the % accept after getting an interview can range as low as 20% and as high as essentially a sure admit depending on the business school.
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFarmer View Post
    ~50% ....

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No

But I am afraid the reality is that most who are expected to be interviewed have received their invitations :-(
    I did some rough math based on the Stanford posts. There were 9 posts on GC about Stanford acceptances, which if we assume 30 people got Stanford acceptances means that 30% of admits were wired into GC.

If you assume the same number is true for HBS interviewed candidates, that suggests that HBS interviews simply can't be all in. Only 6 people have posted about an HBS interview, and unless nearly every interviewee is admitted that doesn't line up with the number of acceptances.

You can question some of the assumptions I'm making but I think the intuition that there are too few HBS interview posts to be the full picture seems right. SO i'm still holding out hope xD

Good post? Yes | No

Let's wait a few more days and see. I believe all of them should be out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by therealslimkt View Post
    I did some rough math based on the Stanford posts. There were 9 posts on GC about Stanford acceptances, which if we assume 30 people got Stanford acceptances means that 30% of admits were wired into GC.

If you assume the same number is true for HBS interviewed candidates, that suggests that HBS interviews simply can't be all in. Only 6 people have posted about an HBS interview, and unless nearly every interviewee is admitted that doesn't line up with the number of acceptances.

You can question some of the assumptions I'm making but I think the intuition that there are too few HBS interview posts to be the full picture seems right. SO i'm still holding out hope xD

Good post? Yes | No

I saw the number on GC. I have limited knowledge about HBS since it is on the other side of the river.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfootedpig View Post
    I think I saw this number somewhere too, but do you know what it is based on? My limited understanding is that for pure Business PhDs the % accept after getting an interview can range as low as 20% and as high as essentially a sure admit depending on the business school.

Good post? Yes | No

I saw the number on GC. I have limited knowledge about HBS since it is on the other side of the river.
    All HBS interviews went out last/this week. Source: am also Cambridge insider with friends across the river

folks, HBS bus-ec admits the top admits to Harvard Econ. Even conditional on getting an offer from Harvard Econ, it’s more than likely to not get an interview from HBS. There is roughly no information in not getting an interview from HBS.

Good post? Yes | No

thats what i guessed

Quote Originally Posted by anon02139 View Post
    All HBS interviews went out last/this week. Source: am also Cambridge insider with friends across the river

folks, HBS bus-ec admits the top admits to Harvard Econ. Even conditional on getting an offer from Harvard Econ, itís more than likely to not get an interview from HBS. There is roughly no information in not getting an interview from HBS.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by anon02139 View Post

folks, HBS bus-ec admits the top admits to Harvard Econ. Even conditional on getting an offer from Harvard Econ, it’s more than likely to not get an interview from HBS. There is roughly no information in not getting an interview from HBS.
    When you say all HBS interviews went out, is that only for economics? Or for all tracks?

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by plzletmein View Post
    When you say all HBS interviews went out, is that only for economics? Or for all tracks?
    Good point - I was taking to a current bus-ec student, who didnít specify. Other programs may well be pending,

Good post? Yes | No

There is a Tinbergen rejection in GC. Today marks the 8th week since the deadline. Can we expect results in the coming days?

Good post? Yes | No

@ginger gold Yes, we can expect until Tuesday, given 26th is when it marks 56 days precisely from the deadline. The wait is excruciating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger gold View Post
    There is a Tinbergen rejection in GC. Today marks the 8th week since the deadline. Can we expect results in the coming days?

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information