Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879

Thread: 2021 Sweat Thread

Eager!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Re: 2021 Sweat Thread

Sponsored Ad:
    Just accept my offer and my season is done. Thanks guys, and good luck on our individual journeys! Hopefully see y'all in 5/6 years on the market.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

I am curious to know where everyone will end up going! Is there a results thread?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Anyone can start it; I was planning on doing it if no one started the thread tomorrow after 5pm since that's the deadline for most people.

monetary

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by hallowedelegy View Post
    Anyone can start it; I was planning on doing it if no one started the thread tomorrow after 5pm since that's the deadline for most people.
    Let's go ahead and get it going -- I think at this point a lot of people have committed somewhere.

monetary

Good post? Yes | No

I'm also curious if in the results thread people can post whether their program was affected by COVID. I'm wondering overall how much smaller our cohort (across all programs) is going to be this year.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Wahasky View Post
    I'm also curious if in the results thread people can post whether their program was affected by COVID. I'm wondering overall how much smaller our cohort (across all programs) is going to be this year.
    It actually surprises me that some of the public schools like Wisconsin or UCSD are actually targeting a similar class size(25-30 for Wisc, 20+ for SD?), and some of the top private schools are cutting spots.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by QuanJuDe View Post
    It actually surprises me that some of the public schools like Wisconsin or UCSD are actually targeting a similar class size(25-30 for Wisc, 20+ for SD?), and some of the top private schools are cutting spots.
    It’s about teaching- those schools rely on grad TA’s to perform a lot of teaching duties and they’re cheaper to hire than adjuncts. At private schools, generally faculty are expected to teach even intro classes so with the hit to funding due to covid, there’s not as much budget or need for grad students.

Good post? Yes | No

Does the April 15th resolution also include that schools have to send something to students by April 15th? I still have pending results from few places - no acceptance, rejection or waitlist

Good post? Yes | No

I don't think so. The resolution is actually fairly narrow: "students are under no obligation to respond to offers of financial support before April 15."

• If an offer of financial support is made prior to April 15, applicants have until April 15 to accept it and the program should honor that commitment through April 15. Extension of this deadline beyond April 15 is up to the individual program or institution.
    • Programs and/or institutions are free to make offers of admission and of financial support after April 15 if they choose to do so. They may set any deadline for acceptance of the offer, as long as the deadline is after April 15.
    • Programs and/or institutions may choose to offer conditional admission and offers of financial support to students with incomplete applications (e.g. lacking test scores) or to wait until all requirements can be satisfie

April 15 Resolution | Council of Graduate Schools

Good post? Yes | No

Do you have any information regarding Tilburg admissions for the CentER Research Master in Economics?
    They wrote that the decision should be after 6 weeks after the deadline, which was 1/02/2021.
    I asked them on 6/04/2021 and they replied that the decision will be within 2 weeks. Then again I wrote to them on 22/04/2021 and did not receive any answer.
    I am getting a little bit worried. I have already been accepted elsewhere and I am waiting for Tilburg reply as it is my preferred choice.

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879

Thread Information