Urch Forums

April 15th reply deadline

startz

Questions sometimes arise about the deadline for replying to offers. There is a pretty firm April 15 deadline for most American schools. You can read the policy at

https://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/files/CGS_April15_Resolution_Oct2020Revision.pdf

and read the FAQ at https://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/files/2020%20April%2015%20Resolution%20FAQ%209_2020.pdf

Startz is absolutely correct, but I also want to let people know that there is some amount of "wiggle room" around the deadline. I received two offers after the 15th and the school that I had accepted was willing to write me a waiver. I can't speak about how frequent these cases are, but they happen. I want to encourage applicants to make the best decisions for themselves, and not worry too much about offending programs in this regard. Best of luck to everyone.

Startz is absolutely correct, but I also want to let people know that there is some amount of "wiggle room" around the deadline. I received two offers after the 15th and the school that I had accepted was willing to write me a waiver. I can't speak about how frequent these cases are, but they happen. I want to encourage applicants to make the best decisions for themselves, and not worry too much about offending programs in this regard. Best of luck to everyone.

Completely agree with Zubrus. We would certainly give a waiver under those circumstances with nothing but best wishes.