Sponsored Ad:

Thread: london-accommodation

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

LSE-accommodation

Sponsored Ad:
    hello!

i was wondering; is there anybody searching for rooms/flats in london?

I will start msc in economics this fall and i am one of the "searchers". any advice on independent hostels, flats, rooms, etc? I am not from london, therefore any help would be appretiated.

thank you in advance!

acoma.
    Last edited by acoma; 07-30-2008 at 04:29 PM.

Bunkered down in prep

Good post? Yes | No
    I currently live in London. Most flatshare options can be found here. There are local papers with flatshare ads as well but by the time the paper has been published you find most of them have been taken.

You would probably only need a week staying in a hostel/hotel to view rooms before finding somewhere you can move into. Planning ahead is not really necessary and would probably cost you more. You may find it takes longer than you think to find somewhere you're happy with though. There are loads of cheap hotels and hostels for the transitional week you can find on google. If you're stuck, start with Hostelling International and work either way depending on your price.

If you have tried to get in to halls but didn't make it there are a few private halls springing up (e.g. Unite) but I think they tend to be quite expensive compared to private flatshares.

If you do go for a private flatshare try to share with other students as this means you won't have to pay council tax (local government tax for local services).

Hope that helps.

Good post? Yes | No
    I second the above post .Also if you arrive in London get the LOOT newspaper.You should find many house offering and other deals.Watch out to those they require you to deposit some money to western union or other to show you the place.Usually, they claim that they want to know if you have the money to get the place.Do not be fool!It happened to me when a guy was offering to me an excellent place in Soho just for 80GBP per week!Of course I wasn't so stupid to fall in the trap.Any way that's all.
    Enjoy London!
    Btw where are you going to start your msc in economics ?

Good post? Yes | No
    thank you guys! ill book a hostel near lse and start searching when i get there! i hope that will work out fine

ill be doing Msc in economics at LSE. i hope ill enjoy it!since i dont know london at all, do you maybe have any advice on which zone or sth is still ok for a walking distance or at least a good transport connection to LSE? thanks!!!

Knockin on Eco's door

Good post? Yes | No
    London rocks! City of life.

Knockin on Eco's door

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by acoma View Post
    thank you guys! ill book a hostel near lse and start searching when i get there! i hope that will work out fine

ill be doing Msc in economics at LSE. i hope ill enjoy it!since i dont know london at all, do you maybe have any advice on which zone or sth is still ok for a walking distance or at least a good transport connection to LSE? thanks!!!
    Won't that be awfully expensive? As for the your hope of enjoying London, trust me, it's an awesome place. Very expensive but full of life. It has got countless array of places and things to offer and it is very unlikely that you will get bored at least for the first year or so.

Good post? Yes | No
    oh, i am not counting on the pure center, believe me my surname is far from gates or trump

Good post? Yes | No
    is anyone going to LSE searching for a place to stay as well?

Thread Information