Urch Forums

SAT subject tests vs. AP Tests

epaldrich

I'm starting my senior year and I haven't taken any subject tests. By the January test date, though, I will have taken one semester of AP Chemistry and AP Calculus AB. I was just wondering if these courses plus studying for the semester exams would be enough knowledge to take the Chemistry and Math Level 2 subject tests. Thanks!

• 9 months later...

On AP Calculus - You'll probably be golden for most of Math II. However, if you're trying for a 700+ then some supplementary material is required. Definitely make sure you're comfortable with basic stats stuff and brush up on trig. It's worth noting that 13% of people who take Math II score a perfect - this is more than any other test. That's probably due to the magic of being able to use a calculator on the test.

On AP Chemistry - If you're in AP Calc and have just finished an AP Chemistry test then you'll likely kill. More than the other science tests it's going to test your critical thinking and reading skills. If you're curious: 8% of people score a perfect in Chemistry.