Urch Forums

660 Math IIC; 680 US History: How Good?

so, as you can see from my topic, I got a 660 on the SAT II Math IIC and a 680 SAT II US History. How good/bad are these scores? What's the average of them? And what are my chances of getting into UC Davis and UC Berkeley with a 3.5 UC GPA, 3.9 UC WGPA, and a 3460 UC Test Score Total?

It's funny, though. I expected to get something a lot lower than a 660 on the Math IIC since I left about 1/5 of the test blank. I guess I'll see what happened in two days when the score report comes out.

• 4 weeks later...

i only got a 670 on Math IIC :crazy: Should I retake it? I want to take other subjects too because I know that UCs require at least 2 subjects, but the other good colleges such as Harvard, Stanford, etc.. require 3. And, I'm guessing I have to take the US History test again b/c my score isn't that satisfying... :doh:

shutupjessmeh-i heard that you're planning to take a bunch of SAT IIs tests. Which ones are you planning to take?? just curious :)

mushroomt0p, do you know what you want to major in, or at least know if it will be humanities or math/science related?

If it's the latter, I suggest you study harder for the Math IIC exam, as the College Board explicitly states what will be on the exam, so there is definitely room for improvement as you will know whats on the exam. (I'm not trying to say a 670 is bad) :)

To be competitive at the top UC schools, I recommend 3 SATII's to fully distinguish you from the rest of the applicants.

hey, I only scored a 660... and my June SAT IIs weren't that hot either... probably because I was gone and couldn't study for the week before...

haha... I think in November I'm going to take the Spanish with Listening, Math IIC, and English Lit... and see how I do there... and then just give up because all the other ones require study...

hey! thanks babypurin!! yeah, i'll take the Math 2c test again since the collegeboard ppl curve it a lot (is that so?) i'm planning to take the ACT also..for the heck of it (FEE WAIVER YES!!!) :tup: I dont' know what i want to major in now..i like both music (orchestra strings and piano) and I'm also interested in something in the medical field like pharamacy or pediatrics... there's sucha thing called double-major??

i'm not even enjoying my summer this year b/c of all these stupid studying and other krap like college researches/tours. AHH!! i'm gonna have a mental breakdown soon. :doh:

enjoy ur summer u guys!

• 1 month later...

thanks HiLine~~^^

I got 800 on math 2, 720 on Physics (i'm gonna take it again in Nov), and 770 on Chem, With the GPA 3.8 (My grades from Korea is killing my GPA~~ T.T), is there any chance that I can get into UC berkeley or UCLA?

how about UVA? Do i have to get more than 2000 on SAT1 to get into good schools like UCLA, UCBerkeley and UVA?

thanks HiLine~~^^

I got 800 on math 2, 720 on Physics (i'm gonna take it again in Nov), and 770 on Chem, With the GPA 3.8 (My grades from Korea kills my GPA~~ T.T), is there any chance that I can get into UC berkeley or UCLA?

how about UVA? Do i have to get more than 2000 on SAT1 to get into good schools like UCLA, UCBerkeley and UVA?

Well, your scores blow mine out of the water. I'm extremely jealous. I think you've got a pretty good chance of getting into whatever school you want to get into... if your SAT I score is in the 2000+ range. Though, I think UCLA and Berkeley are looking for 2100+... which is about a 700 in each section. Of course, the higher you can get your scores, the better.

Thanks shuttupjessmah~~

but my SAT1 is extremely really hyper low so.......:doh:

T.T

Anyway

I heard that UC schools are not just suming up the test scores but they give advantages for some special people (like people live in abysmal surroundings....). Is this true?

Thanks shuttupjessmah~~

but my SAT1 is extremely really hyper low so.......:doh:

T.T

Anyway

I heard that UC schools are not just suming up the test scores but they give advantages for some special people (like people live in abysmal surroundings....). Is this true?

No, you are at a disadvantage if you aren't from California. Like most public schools, you'll be competiting with a strong pool for a limited number of spots. You are going to need something extraordinary if you really want a spot at the top UC schools.

No, you are at a disadvantage if you aren't from California. Like most public schools, you'll be competiting with a strong pool for a limited number of spots. You are going to need something extraordinary if you really want a spot at the top UC schools.

So true. I think the UCs have to have like a 90% California resident student population because the state gives so much money to the colleges. I guess living in California has its advantages... but northern California isn't very warm... especially San Francisco... freezing...

• 3 weeks later...
above 2000 yes

But if ugot 800 , 770..... in SAT II

Then its wont be a problem

...again, you will be competing against other people who have much higher stats (think SAT: 2200) and who have much higher SATII scores (and in some cases more than the required 3). Please don't say its a no problem, it will be extremely tough, especially with those stats if she wants to enter the top UC's.

...again, you will be competing against other people who have much higher stats (think SAT: 2200) and who have much higher SATII scores (and in some cases more than the required 3). Please don't say its a no problem, it will be extremely tough, especially with those stats if she wants to enter the top UC's.

And that's why I'm not very confident going into the college application process. I wish my GPA, SAT scores, and SAT II scores were higher, but what can I do? I don't have the time for test prep anymore, so I'll just have to do whatever I can alone and see where it takes me. If it doesn't take me to the top UCs, then I can deal with it, as long as I get into Davis... heh... if I don't get into Davis, my mom will be PISSED!!!

um..... Babypurin.........

first, i have to make it clear that I'm a 'man' and.......

^^

thanks for your replies people~~^^

anyway~~

one of my got accepted into UCLA and UCBerkeley and his GPA was about 3.8 and his SAT score was low 1300s. He came from Korea about 2 years ago (to Virginia) and I wonder how he got into top UC schools. (well... he was one of my Genius friend and he was perfect in every class except English~~)

I think it's my second time to ask this question but,,,,

does UC schools give some extra credit to new-immigrant students????

um..... Babypurin.........

first, i have to make it clear that I'm a 'man' and.......

^^

thanks for your replies people~~^^

anyway~~

one of my got accepted into UCLA and UCBerkeley and his GPA was about 3.8 and his SAT score was low 1300s. He came from Korea about 2 years ago (to Virginia) and I wonder how he got into top UC schools. (well... he was one of my Genius friend and he was perfect in every class except English~~)

I think it's my second time to ask this question but,,,,

does UC schools give some extra credit to new-immigrant students????

--- How long did your friend from Korea get into Berkeley/UCLA? A few years ago it wasn't too difficult to get into either one with a 1300 SAT (as long as the rest of the package was good!) ---

I don't believe the UC's forgive new-immigrants as they are very "numbers-driven" and there is no extra bonus points from being from another country. If you have very high Toefl scores and low SAT scores, I'm sure the mid/lower UC's will forgive you.

While I don't want to point a finger at someone, but it seems that CSU (California State University), a tier lower than UC, tends to have more foreign students because they typically didn't score as well on the SAT as they should have because they weren't born here.

• 8 months later...

Hi guys

i have to take SAT 1 and SAT 2 ( 3 subjects...Physics, Chemistry and Maths level 2). Can i take all on the same day? I m from Lucknow in India. If i want to take one subject test and SAT 1 on same date is it possible. Collegeboard site says that i can't take SAT1 and subject test under same administration?

Are there more than one administration on same day or do they change only on next date? my email ID is rush2pawan@yahoo.co.in

ThanX

Pawan Gupta

rush2pawan@yahoo.co.in