Urch Forums

More than 3 subject tests?

HiLine

Hi everyone

Although US colleges just require 3 SAT IIs or fewer,would I have more chance of being admitted if I take more than that? I still have 4 dates to take the SATs,one I will spend taking the SAT I,one the SAT II,so the rest 2 dates are left!Should I take another 3 SAT IIs in that case?Thank you for reading.

No. Colleges don't care whether you take more or less tests. Just take the required number and do well on them. Colleges won't care whether you take more because they don't look at more tests than they need to.

Colleges would rather see three good grades than four-five average grades. Don't worry - take a break you deserve it.

Colleges won't care whether you take more because they don't look at more tests than they need to.

What did you imply when saying that?If I take 5 tests,such as Math,Physics,Chemistry,Biology,French,so what tests would they look at????

Colleges would rather see three good grades than four-five average grades.

How about five good grades?:p

They look at the highest scores. Take the UCs, for example. They only require two SAT IIs. If you take five, they'll take your TWO highest scores and use them. They won't look at the scores from the other tests.

If so,I would take extra SAT IIs if I can not score 800 on the first three subjects.:)

If so,I would take extra SAT IIs if I can not score 800 on the first three subjects.:)

Just take tests in subjects you feel confident in. Even if you get 5 800's, it wont' matter. I suggest taking one or two more than you have to, just in case you screw up, but to each his/her own. Just make sure you can do well in all of them.

HELLO ALL

I am taking two subject tests- Chem and Math:( . Can anyone give me some sample tests or questions? :blush: Will be enormously appreciated! :)

:idea: Also has anyone taken Cambridge A levels:grad: ? If so any idea how US universities consider them when working out your GPA:doh: ?

HELLO ALL

I am taking two subject tests- Chem and Math:( . Can anyone give me some sample tests or questions? :blush: Will be enormously appreciated! :)

Math IC or IIC... or is it Level 1 and Level 2, now... well, IC is easy, and IIC is incredibly hard. I was taking PreCalc and Trig when I took it, and I was so unprepared.

Math level 2~~~EASY~~~^^

if you get like A's in your math class then it won't be a problem~~~^^

but you have to be able to solve precalculus level problems~~

and CHEM~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's killer

you have to stick with a lot of concepts

i took the SAT2 chem in june and there were lots of concept questions

the important thing is that you should study until you are confident with your knowledge

there shouldn't be such thing as ambiguous or tricky concept in your mind

so drill the subject until you know EVERYTHING!

there are lots of tricky questions in SAT2 Chem test so.......

if you want to get 750+, then study really really hard~~~

i don't know whether you learned the 'complex compund concept' or not, but there were few questions about complex compound so......prepare for that~~^^

even if you took the AP chem course and got an A for the year, SAT2 chem is not gonna be that easy~~~

well.......

chem is better than physics so..........(at least for me~~~^^)

Good luck on you exam and preparation~~^^

Math level 2~~~EASY~~~^^

if you get like A's in your math class then it won't be a problem~~~^^

but you have to be able to solve precalculus level problems~~

I found it incredibly difficult even though we were doing Trig and PreCalc... and I was getting an A... even all the other people doing well in math were scoring less than average. How'd you prep for it?

I found it incredibly difficult even though we were doing Trig and PreCalc... and I was getting an A... even all the other people doing well in math were scoring less than average. How'd you prep for it?

It might be difficult, but the incredibly generous curve makes it less brutal then most people think. For example, 800 on IIC is only 90th percentile.

well..........

only thing you need to do is PRACTICE!!!!!

before i took SAT2 MAth 2, i solved a prep book and well......that's all i did~~~

actually i didn't know anything about um....... geometric sequence and things like that but right before the test, i kind of memorized the equations and that helped me a lot~~

I think you are good at math (you got A's in precalculus) so...... math 2 won't be a problem for you~~^^ just solve a bunch of problems before test, memorize some equations, know math vocabs, and that's it~~^^

good luck~^^

true~~~

T.T

800 is only 90%

well.......

collegeboard generously(?) curves up the grade.........

so..........

getting a few problems wrong won't be a killer~~^^

but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the other hand, if you miss more than the number of questions you are allowed to miss,then that'll be a killer~~

so becareful~~^^

and...........

GOOD LUCK people~~^^