Urch Forums

This is my first time writing here. Please get me scored.

snow13bbc

It is better to be underrated by people than to be overrated by them.

I would have declined that sentence when I was young. But now that I am 17 and being more mature, I would say this statement is so true. People, i would say, are the scariest creatures in the world. There can only be three things people feel they think about you - impressive, underestimated and same level as them. So, what do you want to be thought of? I would say that it is better to be underrated than being overrated.

Being overrated means you can never live up to expectations because people will always expect better than what you can really deliver. And later, it turns out to be that you are bad. They never really think good of you. And sometimes, because you know that people really look up on you, you would be proud. Being proud is not a good thing in being overrated case because people are not what you really think they are. People change every second. In a minute, they would think that you are good but next, you are the worst they have ever seen. In this moment, it is you who would be hurt most if you had been proud. In fact, what really hurt you is you take it real when being overrated.

Meanwhile, being underrated can also cause some psychic difficulties. You would always ask yourself why don't they accept you as you are. In fact, you can always show what you really are. It is better for them to found out that you are really a good one when they first thought that you are a nasty one. It is just a trick you make as Confucious said "It is okay if people don't discover you as a good one but don't miss to know when someone is better than you."

I would give one of my friends as an example that the statment is true. Her name is Ella. She scored the highest marks in matriculation exam in Myanmar. She was never thought to be the one who has reached the highest score ever. In fact, some of the teacher do not even notice her presence. They would sometimes underestimate her. There is also a student named Celia whom the teachers are really impressed and overrate. But who knows Celia would be under Ella in a real big matriculation exam. It was just a trick that Ella make.

In fact, what people think on you-no matter you are underrated or overrated-is not really important. If you really take real whatever people say about you, then, your life will be just on the tip of their mouth. The best way is to be the real you.

• 2 weeks later...

It is better to be underrated by people than to be overrated by them.

I would have declined that sentence when I was young. But now that I am 17 and being more mature, I would say this statement is so true. People, i would say, are the scariest creatures in the world. There can only be three things people feel they think about you - impressive, underestimated and same level as them. So, what do you want to be thought of? I would say that it is better to be underrated than being overrated.

Being overrated means you can never live up to expectations because people will always expect better than what you can really deliver. And later, it turns out to be that you are bad. They never really think good of you. And sometimes, because you know that people really look up on you, you would be proud. Being proud is not a good thing in being overrated case because people are not what you really think they are. People change every second. In a minute, they would think that you are good but next, you are the worst they have ever seen. In this moment, it is you who would be hurt most if you had been proud. In fact, what really hurt you is you take it real when being overrated.

Meanwhile, being underrated can also cause some psychic difficulties. You would always ask yourself why don't they accept you as you are. In fact, you can always show what you really are. It is better for them to found out that you are really a good one when they first thought that you are a nasty one. It is just a trick you make as Confucious said "It is okay if people don't discover you as a good one but don't miss to know when someone is better than you."

I would give one of my friends as an example that the statment is true. Her name is Ella. She scored the highest marks in matriculation exam in Myanmar. She was never thought to be the one who has reached the highest score ever. In fact, some of the teacher do not even notice her presence. They would sometimes underestimate her. There is also a student named Celia whom the teachers are really impressed and overrate. But who knows Celia would be under Ella in a real big matriculation exam. It was just a trick that Ella make.

In fact, what people think on you-no matter you are underrated or overrated-is not really important. If you really take real whatever people say about you, then, your life will be just on the tip of their mouth. The best way is to be the real you.

You've got some really nice writing in there. And some good ideas. This would probably score about a 4/6 on the official SAT test. To improve, you should cite and develop examples. Also, your tone in some places is a bit too informal. But overall, this is a great start. Good job! :)