Urch Forums

Guys help me please!!!!!!

mohanjadaro

• 3 months later...

Generally, people take the SAT's during their junior year. Some take it earlier, but you should take it when you feel ready. Be sure to also leave time for retaking it if you feel like that is something you would want to do.

You can sign up for the SATs on the collegeboard website. Good luck and remember to take a lot of practice exams. They really help improve your score.

• 7 months later...

I am 13 years old and my desire is to go MIT for UNDERGRADUATION. when should i take my sat exam and toefl exam?what is the procedure for applying it.?I completed 9th grade in india.

You seem to be well on your way; most people don't consider these exams until they are a few years older. I would plan on taking them when you are 16, and again when you are 17.

Also consider taking the ACT exam in addition to those exams. It is much more straightforward than the SAT, and many colleges prefer it. The content tested is almost the same as that of the SAT (except there is a science section and a few trig problems), and the layout of the exam is friendlier. There is an optional essay, but you should definitely opt to take it if you want to submit your ACT scores to a university.

In the meantime, try to get your hands on a test prep guide for each exam, read as much exciting literature as you can, and start memorizing collegiate vocabulary now. Princeton Review offers really good guides, and About.com has a lot of information about various subjects that you can learn or review for free. Quizlet.com is an invaluable tool for studying, if you haven't discovered it yet.

When you are about 15 or 16, you may want to consider taking an online preparation course. If you search "Pros and Cons of 8 Top Online Test Prep Programs" on YouTube, you can watch a video I made for my students to help them decide which program is best for them.

Just remember, start early, and make sure you study in a way that is fun and low-stress for you. You still have plenty of time.

Hope that helps, and good luck!