TestMagic provides this forum as a service to our members; we wish we could promise you that every seller has good intentions and that the products or services advertised will meet your expectations. However, we simply cannot.
Therefore, you should use your own judgment when making any purchase, not just from this site, but from anywhere.
Here are some general guidelines:
I can't offer much advice about international trades, but for trades occurring within the US, you have some protection.
- If it doesn't "feel" right, it probably isn't.
- Check the posting history of the member by clicking on the seller's username. Just because they advertise here doesn't mean they are honorable people like our other members.
- Communicate with the seller before you buy. If the seller is helpful, responsive, and friendly, that's good. If the seller is rude and pushy, that's bad. A lot of scammers adopt this attitude to intimidate buyers.
- Try to inspect the items before you purchase them.
- Meet in a safe place. In an ideal world, you would meet this person in a mutually convenient location in a busy, crowded area, such as a shopping mall, downtown café, or a university cafeteria. This would be even more important if you plan to carry enough cash to purchase the items.
- Many people try to sell compilations of material that they have downloaded from the Internet, much of which may be copyrighted.
That's all I can think of right now. And I just have to say this: This site, its members, its administrators, owners, etc. cannot be held responsible for any transactions that occur as a result of any posts or information on this site.
- Try to pay with a credit card or PayPal. If you use PayPal, select the buyer protection option for added security.
- Do not send cash. Do not wire cash with Western Union.
☼ Waiting for Godot
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)