Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'back'.
Found 6 results
question related to research
newbie1 posted a topic in PhD in EconomicsHi all, This isn't really related to admissions into PhD but rather to research/data cleaning, as a person working as an RA. Is it weird to go back to refining the sample construction, once you've made much progress into the project? I've done this a few times so far -- I work with very extensive raw datasets with lots of variables, and when I find ways to drop/keep observations more accurately, I go back to sample construction, fix and run the codes again, and run the analyses again. The results I have are already very strong and robust that the takeaways and implications never change. I'm just worried that me doing this would make my professors frown upon me.
Organizational Beahviour Programs in Canada
OBPhD posted a topic in PhD in BusinessHi All! Just wondering if anyone have heard back from programs in OB in Canada? I have heard back from a few but still waiting on more! Any insight would be appreciated!
Question about hearing back from programs
Snagret posted a topic in PhD in BusinessHi all, I've recently submitted my applications for Fall 2021 OB/Management PhD programs and am starting to feel a little anxious. Can anyone tell me the soonest I could start hearing back from programs? Also, when is the latest I should expect to hear back from programs as well? I've applied to a total of 9 schools, top 10, 20 and 40ish. Thanks!
Reapplying after dropping out (by choice)
bodwiser posted a topic in Graduate AdmissionsHi All, (Not sure if the is the right forum for this sort of a question. Please excuse me if not) Here is my background: I was enrolled in a decent PhD economics program (top 30) back in 2018. Soon after I started out in August, my personal life took a a turbulent turn and pretty early on (circa Dec'18 - Jan'19) I decided to drop out of the program and return to my home country, due to urgent family+personal reasons. Now that things are returning to normal slowly but surely, I want to pick up the pieces and get back on track. So I am planning to apply for next year's cycle. But I have a ton of questions that are making me pretty concerned. Could you guys please share your thoughts on these ? 1) Whether I should talk about these developments in my personal letter, in detail? (emphasis on "detail") 2) I am skeptical about whether the schools I am applying to will buy this. (For understandable reasons) the schools might suspect that I dropped out because I failed my prelims (truth is, my aim was only to graduate with the Master's degree and come back ASAP) 3) Don't know if my previous letter writers will consent to writing a letter again. 3.1) Since nothing has changed between the last time they wrote it (2017) and this year I wonder if the same letter can be reused? 4) Will the fact that I was once enrolled in a PhD program, in general, hurt my chances of re-entry into another? Thanks a lot, all!
University of Washington Finance PhD interview
Hopeful2019 posted a topic in PhD in BusinessHas anyone heard back after interview?
Dilemma: Accepting offers from universities
Taus2018 posted a topic in PhD in EconomicsHi all, I want advice regarding a sticky situation I am in. Say for example, there are four universities I have applied to and are waiting to hear back from. Let's assume the university names are A B C and D, and their rankings and my preference for the universities are in that same order (D being the lowest ranked school). I get admission offer from all of them but they write that funding offers will be made separately in the coming months. Now, D is the first to offer me funding and set a deadline (say March 17) within which I have to accept. But here is the dilemma. The deadline is here but I am still waiting to hear back from A B and C. Maybe because they are good school and have not made their offers yet or maybe I was not in their first round of offers but I am still hopeful that I will get funding somewhere in A B or C. So my question is - is it ok to accept offer from a certain university and then going back on my word if I get offer from a better university? Are there any ramification - legal or otherwise - of such action? Any advice/suggestion/personal experience/knowledge regarding the aforementioned situation is most welcome. THANK YOU!