I really need the answers to these questions so that I improve my score!!
34. Murres are black-and-white driving birds that mate every five or six years and lay only a single egg at time.38. The Everglades, a large swamp area is an unique wilderness extending over much of southern Florida.
39. Each year millions of tons of fertile topsoil that could produce good crops washed away by rains.40. Since the 1950's, folk' music has had a significant influence on many popular vocal and instrumental music.
Erin or anyone can you please explain the answers for me!!!!
I'll be very happy to understand my errors!!!!
Thank you in advance!!!
34. In this sentence "time" is countable and singular, so it requires an article, in this case "a".
38. If the vowel "u" at the beginning of a word is pronounced like a "y" in "yellow" or "young", then we use "a", not "an".
39. The rain washes away the topsoil, so we require the passive form "is washed away".
40. "Many" is used with countable nouns. "Music" is uncountable so "much" should be used instead.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)