Urch Forums

Try these typical toefl structures and send in ur reply with answers.

vijayaprashanth

1.In the diurnal type of tidal oscillation, the alternate rise and fall of sea level, a single high water and a single low water occur __ tidal day.

(A)each

(B)each of

©each of the

(D)of each

2. One of the basic principles of wildlife conservation involves __ adequate natural food and shelter to maintain populations of each species in a given habitat.

(A)the provision

(B)that provision

©to provide

(D)providing

3.The tradition of the bowhead whale hunt __ back a thousand years and is a vital part of Inuit culture.

(A)goes

(B)if it goes

©gone

(D)that went

4.The Spanish claiming title to all of North America and established the oldest city in the United States, St. Augustine, Florida, in 1565.

5. The federal system of government in Canada is similar to it of the United States.

6..The Medicare program was established in 1965 to helping elderly United States citizens pay the increasing cost of health care.

7.Fossil remains reveal that the farther back in time an animal lived, the smaller than was its brain in proportion to the size of its skull.

8.Also known as a movie or a film, the motion picture is one of the most popular form of art and entertainment throughout the world.

9.The soil in which coffee is grown must be rich, moisture, and absorbent enough to accept water readily, but sufficiently loose to allow rapid drainage.

10.A merger is achieved when a company purchased the property of other firms, thus absorbing them into one corporate structure that retain its original identity.

11.Under the certain conditions, a rainbow appears at the end of a rain shower in the quarter of the sky opposite the Sun.

12.During the nineteenth century the molecular theory of matter was developed,which considered all matter to be composed of tiny, indivisible entity called molecules.

13.A cardinal role for players of the lute, a stringed instrument, are that every note is sustained for as long as possible.

My answers are

1.A

2.D

3.A

4.A

5.D

6.C (to helping - i think here "to" is a proposition. "citizens pay" - i am not convinced with this - so this might be the answer)

7.C

8.C

9.B

10.D

11.A

12.B (it may be "all matters")

13.C (but i have a doubt in B - is it right to say "a stringed instrument" (Or) "a string instrument")

This is my try.

Actually i dont know the exact answers for these structures. Can anyone give me the exact answers for these questions. waiting for the reply. Erin can u atleast reply to these structures.

Can you explain for me two following sentences. Thanks

4.The Spanish claiming title to all of North America and established the oldest city in the United States, St. Augustine, Florida, in 1565.

11.Under the certain conditions, a rainbow appears at the end of a rain shower in the quarter of the sky opposite the Sun.

• 2 weeks later...