Sponsored Ad:
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TOEFL speaking practice (led by an online teacher)

Good post? Yes | No

Smile TOEFL speaking practice (led by an online teacher)

Sponsored Ad:
    Hi everybody,

I'm an online TOEFL/TSE teacher with my own website. Last year, around this time, I posted here and conducted some free group sessions on Skype to practice iBT speaking. Since this is the "slow time" of the year for me, I'm thinking of hosting some new sessions.

If you are interested in participating in the sessions, please send me a msg or email. Let me know your Skype contact information and the best days and times for you to practice (I'm in Los Angeles, so it's Pacific time for me).

Also, I can give you a link to my website if you'd like to check that out and see a list of other students I've helped (either for graduate studies or to recieve the "magic 26" for their professional licenses).

Best of luck to everyone!

Corey

Good post? Yes | No

Thumbs up

I've heard from five interested TOEFL students so far (RxIndia, Namrata, Successfpge, Naherith, and BJ PH), so I'd like to schedule the first session.

I was thinking about next Wednesday (2/18) at 10:00 AM (Pacific time).

Since we will be online (on Skype) in a group call, I can accommodate four more students (for a maximum of 10 in total, including myself). If you are interested, please send me an email or a private message, and I will respond with my contact information (Skype ID, address for my website, and email).

I look forward to meeting you and hopefully helping you with your TOEFL goals.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    This time is perfect for me. Thanks Mr Corey.

Good post? Yes | No

Smile

OK, it looks like we're all set for Wednesday. I have 8 names of TOEFL students who would like to participate in the group session -- RxIndia, Namrata, Successfpgee, Naherith, BJ PH, Ozge, Pinky786, and Nona1. Since a Skype group call can accommodate 10 of us, I guess there is room for one more. If you're interested, just go ahead and send me a PM or email.

For the people listed above, if you haven't added me on Skype already, my ID is the same as my handle here (toeflcorey).

I look forward to meeting you all and talking about iBt speaking. I'll invite you into the chat one-by-one, starting at 10:00 AM (Pacific time) or just before.

See you then!

Good post? Yes | No
    Toefl_man was the 9th student to sign up, so it looks like Wednesday's session is full (we'll be conducting it through a "group call" on Skype, and there is a maximum of 10 people in total). However, if there is more interest in the coming weeks, I may schedule another session to go over some basic strategies and tips for success on the iBT speaking section.

In the meantime, if anyone is interested in one-on-one private lessons (or shared or small group classes where you share the cost with your TOEFL colleagues), just let me know. If you send me an email or a message here, I will send you a link for my website where you can learn more.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Thank you Mr:Corey for your precious advices we have got today for more than 90 minutes during your class .We applied your techniques in our practices .In addition,we hope for more classes in the future.Thank you again
    toefl-man

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi Toeflman,
    I agree with u.
    Thanks a lot Corey for such a wonderful class and all your tips were so useful.
    I advice all toefl aspirants to take classes with corey.
    He is a great tutor.

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi Corey!

I would like to grab this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to you, not only for your time but the valuable tips you shared with all of us. So kind on your part and we really appreciate all your help. We are looking forward to hear from you and for your expert insights into the rest of speaking sections.

Thanks again.

pinky786

Good post? Yes | No

Smile

To everyone in yesterday's group, you're very welcome. I had a good time meeting all of you and appreciate your enthusiasm and patience (in dealing with various Skype issues of getting 9 or 10 people all together on the same call and same chat).

Since we focused on Task 2 yesterday and independent speaking, I would like to change the focus for our next session to integrated speaking (specifically Task 5, the problem/solution question).

Therefore, all of you who met with me yesterday are welcome to join me next Wednesday, February 25, at the same time (10:00 AM Pacific). I will start adding you to the group call a few minutes before 10:00 so that we can all start together.

For those of you others who expressed interest, I'm very sorry, but the maximum on a Skype group call is 10, so we're capped with this group (which I'll call Group A). However, since I have some available time, I think I will set up a "Group B" next week, possibly for Thursday (2/26) or Friday (2/27). Just check this TOEFL Speaking thread for information or you can contact me through email or private message.

If you and/or your friends are looking for an online tutor, I can also give you a link to my website so you can check out all the information there.

Best wishes to everyone!

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi Corey,
    can u please join me in ur thursday or friday session.I am very much interested to join in your session.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information