Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tips for high score in speaking....got 27 insteade of 23

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    Thanks Virginie for your comments....
    and Musbah, here is my advice when taking notes..........

You need to take notes while listening, but remember, you do not have time to write down every thing!! remember it is note-taking (when you practice, you can evaluate your notes if they were enough for the answer) and the most imposrtant is to have organized way for note-taking... if you don't, then it would be very difficult to refer to them while answering the question since you only have short time to prepare your answer....

Also, using arrows (for example when you refer to types) and abbreviations (such as ex. for example), will help you saving time. Also, when you practice, you can develop your own abbreviations as long as you know what they mean.. remember no one will read your notes so you can write any thing that you only care for... for me, some time, if I got a new word that I am not sure how to write down, at least I tried to write it in a way that I can pronounce it afterward or some time I would choose writing down in my native language if I feel I dont have time...you can always do what it suits you...

If there are reading and istening passages for the same question, I used to make a line in the middle of the page, on the right side, I wrote down notes from the reading and on the left side, I wrote down notes from the listening....

Hope that was easy to follow...any questions???
    Hope and Desire will lead Us to success

Trying to make mom and pop proud Musbah's Avatar

Good post? Yes | No
    and Musbah, here is my advice when taking notes..........

You need to take notes while listening, but remember, you do not have time to write down every thing!! remember it is note-taking (when you practice, you can evaluate your notes if they were enough for the answer) and the most important is to have organized way for note-taking... if you don't, then it would be very difficult to refer to them while answering the question since you only have short time to prepare your answer....

Also, using arrows (for example when you refer to types) and abbreviations (such as ex. for example), will help you saving time. Also, when you practice, you can develop your own abbreviations as long as you know what they mean.. remember no one will read your notes so you can write any thing that you only care for... for me, some time, if I got a new word that I am not sure how to write down, at least I tried to write it in a way that I can pronounce it afterward or some time I would choose writing down in my native language if I feel I dont have time...you can always do what it suits you...

If there are reading and listening passages for the same question, I used to make a line in the middle of the page, on the right side, I wrote down notes from the reading and on the left side, I wrote down notes from the listening....
    this is the answer I was waiting for
    thank you sweet!

but in the reading passage of questions 3 and 4, I think the 45 seconed will just be enough for reading the whole text not more, there still no further enough time to write any note. what we are to do in such acase? is comprehending the general ideas in the fast reading will be enough!

Good post? Yes | No
    I like to read the whole thing before writing to make sure that I have read everything........
    well, in Q#3, 45 seconds are enough to read and take notes,,,because it is usually about certain school announcement so it is relatively easy one even if you don't take notes, you can remember what you have read...

But in Q#4, 45 second are just enough to read the passage especially if it is about something that is not familiar to you..so read first the whole thing and even if the 45 seconds are over, start writing few notes while the narrator says: NOW listen to a part of a lecture.... (since you know what the narrator will say before the lecture starts)

Trying to make mom and pop proud Musbah's Avatar

Good post? Yes | No
    I do agree ...

thank you in advance
    wish you the best!

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Question Hi

Hi, thak you very the helpful tips. Do you have any advice how to deal with writing?
    Thnk you

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    I want to know if you can use "they" instead of "she or he" or "she/he" when speaking or writing an essay? thanks

Good post? Yes | No
    if the question asks about one person, then you have to use he or she not they...

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    thanks Rainy so helpful. Just took the test. How do you answer when the speaking no. 1 question is negative such as "Tell me why you dislike this forum?" instead of " which do you prefer. Reading posts on the forum or finding out things from the book?" I just made it up but that is just for example.

Good post? Yes | No
    well, I can answer like this... ( this is only an example, but it is not really true

"In my opinion, I dislike this froum for a few reasons, first, I find it disorganized, for example, it takes me so much time to find ceratin topics that I am interested in. Second, it has limited features for its members, for example, it does not allow us to receive e-mails from each other or use chat as a way to communicate. That's why I dislike this forum."

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi, can you please tell us about any useful information for passing the integrated writing .
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information