Urch Forums

Toefl IBT--Lets us help each other to get over it!!!!

kollurmurthy

Hi Kollurmurthy,

How nice of you to have come back and offered your kind help. I have been taking the test for 6-7 times and still cannot pass the speaking part. I did very on the other parts, though. I think I have some problems in pronunciation , especially when I am nervous. What I would like to do is to have a talk with you on phone. Perhaps, you could detect my drawbacks and help correct them. Is this OK for you?

Thanks, anyway.

Pim

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Toefl Ibt takers!

Communication has been a constant problem for many people irrespective at what ever level they are at.This includes me as well. So letus try and put something here so that atleast someof us can get some kind of help.

First...We should know where we stand in our communication level.But the million dollar question is how one can be aware of that.A process of thorogh self enquiry has to be done. The moment you think that your communication is excellent....belive me there something seriously wrong with your thought process.Excellent communication comes when the person who listens to you understands without an inch of doubt as to what you are saying. Listener will not only understands but also gets motivated to hear more from you.So when you speak ...speak the way the other person perceives it or would like to percive it.It meens that one should align ones thoughts to the thoughts of the other person.

For example.. Take a kindergarten teacher...They know the way to speak to the young kids. Even the toughest kid ....who in other words.... never listens to their parents will listen to his teacher.. not out of fear but because something attracts them to listen. so the teacher aligns her thoughts to that of a kid and tries to put those words intresting to them.

similarly a Marketing presentation would be successful if he/she presents the data suitable to the customers. He/she puts the right words.. for them... the success lies there.

So dear friends.. first of all develop the thought process... for that you have to put your self in various situations. create a situation by your self... and start preparing your thoughts in that direction... and repeat that every tiime you do...and present them in your daily interactions with your friends and see if you can make a difference.. did you make an impact.. were u able to leave any impression on the persons mind... Thats the key to success.. It might not just help u to pass the Toefl IBT but might help you career a long way.

well this is just a begining.. Togather we can achieve.... lets do it!

hope that thought will take you in a new direction.

regards

murthy k