Urch Forums

Toefl rescoring for speaking sections

Hi...

I took test in nov month 2010 and scored 101. but in speaking section i scored 24 where i need 26. So after reading plenty of posts about rescoring in this forum i thought it is worth trying as many of this forum got positive results after doing it. I have taken this test earlier and at that time I scored 103 but same 24 in speaking. at that time i did not go for rescoring. but this time i did that rescoring but need some help.

here is my story. I got my result and on the same day i requested for speaking rescoring. But then up to 2 weeks I did not get any notification so i called them and they said send the fax again. So i did that and after doing that they took it under process. After that i have not received any mail, or email and whenever i call them they are saying that it is under resolution department and it will take a time. Call us back after a week. So, i have called them 8 to 9 times but getting same reply. and even in my last call they said that they were backed up with rescoring applications. So it has been more than 6 weeks since i have requested for rescoring. Did this has happened to anybody else? I will highly appreciate the reply. Thanks in advance.

Hi...

I took test in nov month 2010 and scored 101. but in speaking section i scored 24 where i need 26. So after reading plenty of posts about rescoring in this forum i thought it is worth trying as many of this forum got positive results after doing it. I have taken this test earlier and at that time I scored 103 but same 24 in speaking. at that time i did not go for rescoring. but this time i did that rescoring but need some help.

here is my story. I got my result and on the same day i requested for speaking rescoring. But then up to 2 weeks I did not get any notification so i called them and they said send the fax again. So i did that and after doing that they took it under process. After that i have not received any mail, or email and whenever i call them they are saying that it is under resolution department and it will take a time. Call us back after a week. So, i have called them 8 to 9 times but getting same reply. and even in my last call they said that they were backed up with rescoring applications. So it has been more than 6 weeks since i have requested for rescoring. Did this has happened to anybody else? I will highly appreciate the reply. Thanks in advance.

I faced such problems with ETS before. I rescored my writing on my first exam (it was 22). I have to say it's a very tedious process. I sent the fax three times, and I called them about 3 or 4 times till I got the confirmation that ETS has received my request form. My rescoring order appeared in my account about 10 days later after my last call!!! I called again and they told me I have to wait 3 weeks from the time the order appeared in my account to get the result. I kept checking my score daily hoping to see a change but I didn't!! After about 18 days from the date of my order, I called again hoping to hear good news. They told me that rescoring was completed couple of days ago and that they mailed me a letter confirming that rescoring was done and my score is the same!! Two days later I received that letter! This tedious process took about a month or may be a little bit more. It was really frustrating to find no change after all that.

I have to say that I had a bad experience with rescoring but this didn't stop me from rescoring my second exam; this time I am rescoring my speaking. I got 24 too. This time I sent the fax twice. Thank God that the order appeared in my account the day following my second fax. This time something different happened. ETS notified me by email that they received my request. ETS never sent me any emails during rescoring of my first exam's writing section. Now, I am waiting for the result of rescoring. I am checking my score daily and I HOPE I can see a change this time!!

Hi...

I faced such problems with ETS before. I rescored my writing on my first exam (it was 22). I have to say it's a very tedious process. I sent the fax three times, and I called them about 3 or 4 times till I got the confirmation that ETS has received my request form. My rescoring order appeared in my account about 10 days later after my last call!!! I called again and they told me I have to wait 3 weeks from the time the order appeared in my account to get the result. I kept checking my score daily hoping to see a change but I didn't!! After about 18 days from the date of my order, I called again hoping to hear good news. They told me that rescoring was completed couple of days ago and that they mailed me a letter confirming that rescoring was done and my score is the same!! Two days later I received that letter! This tedious process took about a month or may be a little bit more. It was really frustrating to find no change after all that.

I have to say that I had a bad experience with rescoring but this didn't stop me from rescoring my second exam; this time I am rescoring my speaking. I got 24 too. This time I sent the fax twice. Thank God that the order appeared in my account the day following my second fax. This time something different happened. ETS notified me by email that they received my request. ETS never sent me any emails during rescoring of my first exam's writing section. Now, I am waiting for the result of rescoring. I am checking my score daily and I HOPE I can see a change this time!!

thank you so much for your reply pharmaddict. I really appreciate your answer. I can feel you as we both are on same track of hurdles. But the difference in my case is that still they are saying rescoring is under process. I also got that same e mail when they received my request. But yesterday they said it is still under process. I don't know what is going to happen. I lost all hope.So, I took another date in Jan end and going to appear again. This rescoring is frustrating and I had the worst experience with ETS. I guess it is waste of time.

Anyway I pray to God that this time you get 26 nd you can get rid out of it. Best of luck. thanks agian for your reply.

@ tino..thanks for your reply. I came to know now that it is a waste of time. But as pharmaddict said we have to do it if we want to get rid out of it. and even we dont have any other alternative as some are getting required 26 in rescoring. Even i have many friends who got 26 in rescoring. So it happens sometime but all depends on luck. If that test day is yours then surely you can conquer it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I heard that ETS post the rescoring results only on Fridays. Is this true? Can somebody who already got his/her score changed tell me if he got the new score exactly on Friday????

I requested rescoring of my speaking(i got 24 and i need 26) and I am checking my online toefl account every day but nothing has changed yet:(

This is so frustrating!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...