See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delay in receiving my TOEFL iBT scores

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Delay in receiving my TOEFL iBT scores

Sponsored Ad:
    Hello,

I took up my TOEFL iBT on May 14th 2011 in Chennai, India. I am yet to receive my TOEFL scores through email nor its being updated in my TOEFL iBT profile. I dropped an email to toefl@ets.org reporting my concern of delay in receiving my test results they asked me to get in touch with ETS Office of Testing Integrity (1-609-406-5430, fax: 1-609-406-9709, or e-mail: TSReturns@ets.org).

Since it was an extended holiday weekend due to memorial day off yesterday I sent an email to TSReturns@ets.org and got my response now ,Please find the excerpts from the email,"Your scores are currently under an Administrative Review due to possible irregularities that occurred on test day. This review may take approximately six to eight weeks to be completed. Once completed and if concerns are found, you will be notified of the outcome of the review. If there is any information you would like to provide to assist us with expediting this matter, please contact TSReturns@ets.org."

I am not able to figure out what irregularities occurred on my test day. Due to connectivity issues and proxy problem my test was delayed by 2 hours and after it started off i didn't have any issues. I even called up my test center and they reassured faith by informing me that my test result were sent by the testing center and it was received by the TOEFL team and got the acknowledgment for receiving it.

Please help me out guys I am not ready to wait for 6-8 weeks to receive my scores.

Good post? Yes | No
    I called up ETS Testing Integrity Office and briefed the problem that I am facing now. They have some concern on the testing center facility in which i took up my test. ETS is pretty stubborn that they will not refund my test fee. Since its under administration review.
    I called up my test center and inquired whats the reason for holding the results due to irregularity and came to know that room in which I took up the test was a back up one and due to network issues in main testing room they have arranged for the back up one. They have already sent the photographs of the test room but still ETS needs more authentication.

Its really not fair on ETS part to put test takers responsible for this issue its the test center responsible for this mishap. They have to think about the future & career prospects of the test takers in stake because of delay in announcing the results.

Good post? Yes | No

Angry Same Here

Hey,
    Even I wrote the test on May 14th in Adyar, Chennai. I mailed ETS and got the below reply after 4 days!!
    My college application deadline is 31st April. But I have asked them for 10 days extension due to this. I called up the number in mail. But, the person was unavailable and I left a voice mail to call me back. Still no response.

"Thank you for contacting the TOEFL Program.

Dear Candidate,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please be informed that in regards to the below mentioned query, you are requested to contact the Office of Testing Integrity. The contact details are:

Phone: 1-609-406-5430
    Fax: 1-609-406-9709
    Email: TSReturns@ets.org

We hope this information is helpful."

Don't know what I am gonna do!!

Good post? Yes | No
    Now I called back again. Spoke with Maria. She told me that its under review and I have to wait 4-6 weeks. I told her that the deadline for my app is over. She asked me to take another test if I need it soon in an irritating tone. I spoke too soft!! Should I call back and argue? What do you say guys? Its really frustrating!! ETS sucks!!!! My dad told me to take IELTS, but I took TOEFL. I regret it now!!

Good post? Yes | No
    I came across this link while google-ing.
    Disputes with ETS

Good post? Yes | No
    I took up the test in Winspire Language World Private Ltd,T.Nagar,Chennai. There is no use in calling up Testing Integrity Office for help. Better keep in touch with your testing center to know the updates. Today when i rang to my testing center executive he shared with me that the evaluation is done and prometric has shared the scores with ETS. But ETS needs some authentication and clarifications to be done before releasing the results. Its not a fair game played by ETS.

A piece of advice for you register for the TOEFL iBT on June 5th,2011 in chennai and retake the test if you are so desperate on receiving the scores without much delay. But the test fee would be 200$ due to addition of late registration fee. Don't worry its not the end of the road for us in fact there are lots of other factors which goes into ones selection for higher education. Be positive everything will fall in place for you!!!

In my case deadlines are around june end & mid of july so I have enough time to retake if I don't get the result on time.

Good post? Yes | No
    Thanks I will call up the testing center tomorrow. My file is pending only for the TOEFL scores. Good Luck to you too!

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

Good post? Yes | No
    I dont think calling the test center will do anything. Is it a Prometric center?

ETS has a big problem now with test integrity (ie: Cheating). It is getting really huge now. Some licence boards will no longer accept any TOEFL score from outside of the US, none. I bet there is some question about cheating at the center where you took the test. If this was just some issue with the set up of the computers, it would not take 6-8 weeks. I bet ETS is analyzing all the tests from that day and looking at the answers and the security photos etc.... and that takes time.

Bottom line: It sucks, but you should take the TOEFL again or IELTS immediately. Dont count on this test you took May 14th.

Tino

Good post? Yes | No
    My test center executive said it pretty crystal clear evaluation is done and scores are ready with ETS but they are not posting it until they clear there apprehensions of irregularities which in this case need photo evidence to understand the test was conducted free & fair manner. The protractor & invigilator has given a clean chit for the test conducted. What more do they need. The test center executive in fact says whatever needed by ETS to authenticate & validate the test conducted they will be ready to provide to them ASAP. They even gave me a estimated date by end of this week or mid of next week. I am planning to be patient till then. probably I will take a call on retaking the test by mid of next week.

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

Good post? Yes | No
    You understand that the test center is not ETS. They do not work for ETS. Often in cheating, it is the test center that is involved somehow. ETS is not going to tell the test center anything more than they tell you. My advice is not to care about what the test center says, and retake the test under the assumption that this test will be invalidated. Or take IELTS.

Tino

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information