Urch Forums

Toefl speaking

valerie2126

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After reading ur comments i feel encouraged. I got my result achieved 21 in writing but need 24 and got 24 in speaking but need 26. Do u think i apply 4 resore.Whether i will get 3 marks in writng and 2 marks in speaking. How many cases u have seen like that. I will be greatful 4 ur valuable suggestions.

Thanks.

kt44 rescoring MIGHT get you 21-24 and 24-26, but the chances are not good. Rescoring costs $120. You could take our TOEFL program for a month for $89.95. One of our students who was stuck at 23-24 just got 28 on speaking this week. Its up to you :eager:

Two weeks ago I requested a rescore for my speaking score. It was changed from 23 to 26. But I had a strong feeling that 23 was wrong. I never asked for rescore until I was sure. So you it depends in you. You are the one who knows if you really deserve those scores.

• 3 weeks later...
I've just applied for rescoring in the writing section as I believe I should have gotten 24 not 22. I did not miss any point on the integrated section and I got fair. On the independent writing, my ideas were all over but still got 3:5-4. Just doesn't make sense to me. I once asked for rescoring on the writing even though I missed one point and my score did not changed and it was obvious. Not this time! Surprisingly I got 26 on Speaking.

It is a good news that re-scoring request changes the results positively, but for all my friends who have taken the TOEFL for more than 5 times and each time they receive the very same results I should say that they need to change their study plan. With the same knowledge and same path you should only wait for a miracle to happen! Try to change your way and choose a better one, work on it and get a better result.

Hi Lisha D

plz share ur rescore experience with me iam also thinking of it. I got 21 in writing need 24 with fair result in both integrated and independent sections. I also got 24 in speaking and need 26 but with two goods in 3 sections. Can u give advice whether i shall go 4 rescore.

Thanks and waiting in anticipation Best of luck 4 ur rescore.

I wouldn't if I were you cause your chance is not 50:50 but 25:75 since you have both writing and speaking. Instead join Notefull or Toni or whoever provide Toefl online class ...voxopop is also really good way of practicing your speaking and record yourself till you perfect it... slowly you'll start to improve and can see the difference... practice continuously. Writing: for the independent - get your templet right, for the independent - keep practicing with timer and word count. Save that $120 to treat yourself for your hard work. But if you think you did deserve w24 n s26 then go for it!

• 2 weeks later...
I made it! My writing went up from 22 to 25 after rescoring. Thank God! That's the end of my TOEFL little woe! Rescoring works! I was 90% sure I deserved 24 as I answered all points for the integrated part. Best of luck for all of you who's struggling to pass like I did!