Urch Forums

#003: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare.

synthia

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Hi,

Another TOEFL essay for review.

PRACTISE ESSAY 5

TOPIC:

Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Give reasons and examples to support your answer.

ANSWER:

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. This change has definitely improved the way people live. Cooking is an art and has seen a tome of changes over the ages. Primitive man ate his food raw. Slowly, eating cooked food was considered. Later several techniques of cooking were developed. At first the process was tedious due to the lack of modern gadgets and equipments. Nowadays, cooking has become a paltry.

Several modern cooking utensils have been developed. The microwave oven, electric cooker, coffee maker, ice-cream maker, juicer are but a few in the long list. These have made cooking very simple and efficient. No more tiresome cooking hours. A few minutes are more than sufficient. Another advantage that these equipments offer is that, constant supervision is not required. Once the dish has been placed in the gadget, the person can carry on with some other chore. The dish gets cooked and the equipment automatically switches off. With such sophisticated equipment, cooking has surely become extremely simple. The time consumed has been reduced considerably. The strain on the chef has also come down.

Though some people still prefer authentic cooking methods, these are highly impractical in the fast world that we live in. In the present living style, man finds very little time in his hectic schedule to stop and cerebrate on each and every detail. He happily welcomes anything that could save him time and energy. This is why easier cooking techniques have been adopted. This has surely improved man’s way of life. With cooking taking up lesser time, he finds more time to spare. Now, he can eat awhile and enjoy his meal too.

Furthermore, faster cooking allows lesser nutrients from being destroyed. This becomes an essential criterion as far as health is concerned. With man taking to a sedentary life nowadays, exercising has become a rarity. So, to compensate for this, dieting and healthier foods are preferred. This can be obtained from foods full of essential nutrients. This is possible only when foods are cooked to the right extent. This is easily made possible in the techniques that we adopt nowadays. Any time duration of cooking can be selected and efficient cooking can be done.

Thus, considering all these factors, we can say that man’s way of living has improved with food preparation becoming easier. Adapting to environmental changes is an inborn nature in all beings. In these lines, changing our cooking habits has also been natural. Thus, the change has occurred only because of the presence of an underlying need. So, we can say that this change has had a greater positive influence on man’s life.

Hi synthia!

First of all, I want you to read two sticky topic in this forum (one is about 'how to post essays' and other contains all TOEFL topics and their numbers) just to make sure that you know rules :)

Your essays are long. Do you know that you have only 30 min to complete it on actual TOEFL test? Are you sure you wrote these essays within 30 min limit? If the answer is NO, you should practise to write an essay in 30 min. If the answer is YES, where have you learned to type so fast?

Your essay has great vocabulary (to sophisticated for me to understand). I also think that grammar is ok. My dream isn't to write such essays but ... to understand them completely! :o

Anyway, what I whant to say is that despite sophisticated vocabulary and grammar your essay is slightly off-topic (this is only my own oppinion).

When I read the intro I thought your essay is going to be about cooking history... :)

The 2nd para persuades the reader that cooking really became easier. (the topic doesn't aks you to do that)

The 3rd para is more about why new cooking techniques have been adopted and the improvement of human life is mentioned in 'BTW' style. (sorry, but that's how it looks for me)

The 4th para again is more about new cooking techniques and their advantages. No human life inprovement mentioned, but of course everybody can feel it 'between lines'.

The coclusion is superb philosophycal, but as far as I understand it could be the next body para. You write 'man’s way of living has improved'. Then you write another argument support it: it's natural change and natural changes are always good. (BTW, I disagree with it) Well, this is a kind of conclusion, a kind of body para... It's complicated.

BTW, I feel we should think about the slight difference between 'easy to prepare food' (i.e. junk food) and 'easy preparation of food' (i.e. microwave ovens).

To sum up, I don't see your clear view points. I want a list of improvement: more time, healthier nutrition, etc. and I want one body para about one of these points.

I want to emphasize that this post contains only my own oppinion. I can be wrong - I am not a teacher.

Let me know all questions, doubts, and remarks you have.

HTH! Renata

Hi REnata,

Wow is what I can utter!! How can u be so perspicacious in ur analysis? I appreciate it very much.

About the time I take for my essays, I think i am almost on time ( around 35min).

I just wanted the intro to be nice. But honestly, I do think it is slightly misleading.

I tried to list out the improvements, as u said, time and nutrients in the 2nd and 3rd paras. But, may be it is not to the point!!

anyway REnata, thanks a lot for the comments. I'll surely try to implement this in the next essay.

P.S.: About natural changes influencing man, I personally feel it is true.But, now that u have pointed out, I do find it contradicting my original statement. What I actually meant to say was that man has taken the changes in his stride and that faster cooking is one of it.... well forget it. i am very bad at making my point!!

HEE HEEE

About the time I take for my essays, I think i am almost on time ( around 35min).

Wow!!! I had a heart attack and almost died... That is impossible! I couldn't even type such a long essay in 30 min not mentioning thinking about ideas, grammar and political correctness... Wow!

Good luck in your tests.

Renata

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Even I have written a TOEFL essay on the same topic, please critically evaluate it.

Thank you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the modern day world, man has furnished himself with all the necessary comforts. Today he cannot live without the television, Air Conditioners and even without the microwave. The luxuries of yesterday have become a necessity today.

With progress, everything is becoming easier, even preparing food. The market today caters to all kind of varieties. "Time is money" is a common saying in the business world. Canned food allows us to save the time of preparing on a gas stove. The microwave generates enough heat to attain the required temperature in seconds and hence enables us to cook our food in no time.

In the past, we started with the sticks to light fire to cook our food. This was not only a time consuming but also a very laborious and unhealthy process. Lighting fires within the house was also a dangerous task. With time we invented the gas stove which made use of kerosene which made life a little easier to all of us. As technology progressed we came up with gas stoves which made use of LPG which were much easier to use and saved us a lot of effort. The most important invention probably would be the microwave which allows us to prepare nutritious food in a matter of minutes.

Nowadays, people are very health conscious. Before consuming any edible product, they are more keen to look at the ingredients and the calorie content. Frozen food, canned food etc have only a limited amount of calorie but at the same time have ample of protein content and thus give good nutrition on consumption. Usage of microwaves enables us to reduce the oil content in the food and thus take care of the cholesterol level.

Technology has allowed us to improve our way of life by providing us better nutrition. It has also helped us save time and effort which now can be put into other aspects of development and help in the future of our country.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I'm back, this time in the TOEFL forum. :)

You guys were a great help (I can't say how great!) for the GRE. And now it's TOEFL. And the test is just two days away!! The worst part is, I'm unable to come up with classy essays as I sometimes used to for my GRE AWA. Anywyas, here's one on this topic. All ye great brains, please read this one and let me know what's right/wrong and what needs improvement, ASAP if you please :D

Erin, I'd be really very happy if you could grade this essay.

Thanking you all in advance,

Happy reading!

-vemvin

Modern day gadgets and processed food have revolutionized the way we cook. In my opinion, the fact that preparation of food has become easier has certainly improved the way people live.

Preparation of food is no longer a time consuming process. Due to the availability of food that is ready to be eaten or that which only needs to baked before it can be consumed, has made life simpler. Prior to the availability of such foods, people had to spend a lot of time in the preparation of food. Due to this, the task of cooking was entrusted to one person, whose absence left others helpless. But now, the burden no longer lies on one person. The preparation of food is now a more personal activity than a communal one, thus giving individuals more freedom to choose the kind of food they eat.

Modern gadgets have played a major role in simplifying the process of preparing food. Cooking is no longer a complicated process, the forte of only a few people. Prior to the existence of electric grinders, ovens and stoves, cooking was not only a tedious and laborious task but also a process which required the cook to be experienced enough to produce good food. For example, before electric ovens with temperature control existed, the baked product’s quality largely depended on the ability of the baker to maintain the appropriate temperature. But now, this task has been handed over to machines and the dependency on the baker has reduced.

Thus life has improved, as food became easier to prepare. People no longer have to depend entirely upon the expertise or the availability of a cook to be able to eat good food. Cooking, in the present times, is viewed more as a hobby than a tedious task.

Hello there,

I think that you should delimitate your ideas...the essay has to be easy to read and follow: first of all, to begin with, second of all, moreover, finally, as a conclusion and so on.

Than, I think that you should review the structure and make out of the two long paragraphs, three (easier to follow).

And I do believe that the reader would be more interested if you could use some quote, vivid examples, your own experience...something like that.

GOOD LUCK!!!

PS I recommend you to read the posts from Just finished my Toefl test, so you won't be surprised of anything during the test.

• 2 months later...

Nowadays, food has become much easier to prepare. Because of the rapid pace of the world’s development, time seems to be more precious than ever. Therefore, any methods which can save human’s time including the reduction of cooking time seem to be worth for some people. However, in my view, the use of package or instant food should adversely effect on our way of life.

Package or instant food is not only tasteless but also lacking in any necessary nutrient. The most popular instant food should be humbugger which contains high degree of fat and carbohydrate. We can get only a small percent of vitamin including other important nutrient from these kinds of food. As a result, many teenagers who love to eat “FAST” food suffer from obesity and high blood pressure. Moreover, it is necessary for instant’s food manufacturer to produce foods with mild taste in order to serve every kinds of customers. However, everyone has one own favorite taste and always find that instant food is tasteless compared with self-prepared foods.

Moreover, cooking considers one of the best activities that everyone in the family can joy. In my family, while my mother cooks, the rest of the families always go to the kitchen. Sometimes, we help her cook; sometimes, we just go to talk our daily experience to her. Therefore, for my family, cooking can strengthen the relationship of everyone in the family.

Finally, cooking is also the best ways to relax. Since cooking is also one kind of art. While enjoy cooking, we always temporarily forget any stress from study, work or any problems. Compared with other methods for relaxing such as watching television, listening radio or playing video game, cooking seems to be better activity. We can not only relax but also get an exercise while cooking, cleaning dishes or even strengthening up kitchen.

In conclusion, even thorough, instant food can help us save our precious time, I think we loss man valuable things from deciding not to cook. We not only have to endure tasteless food but also do not get enough nutrients from eating instant food. We also destroy the time of our family. Finally, cooking can also help us relax from any stress activities.

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Has food become easier to prepare? Yes, it has. And I think this change has improved the way people live because of several reasons. It saves their time and energy, makes cooking more pleasant and quicker. To better understand my point of view I have to explain what I mean under the expression “ food has become easier to prepare”. I mean that buying raw products, meat, fish, vegetables and fruit, people can prepare dishes faster and easier by using modern kitchen appliances such as blenders, grinders, juice extractors, electric cookers etc. This way of cooking preserves all nutrients. Thus, these foods are nourishing and useful for people.

Modern life is very fast. People have to do more in a lesser time. It requires to set a priorities and usually food is not so important as job and career. Besides, women who used to do cooking in all times are not available any more for this job as much as before. They have their own careers too. In such fast race of modern life time is a very valuable thing. That’s why an easier and faster way of preparing food definitely improve quality of people life saving their time and energy.

Using kitchen appliances is much more pleasant than doing everything by hand. You can blend some fruits, milk and eggs and get a very nourishing cocktail. It would be much more difficult to do manually. And also you can grind some vegetables and get a tasty salad. Pressure cooker can help you to prepare your dishes very quickly ( meat will be ready in 15 minutes ). Cooking in this way may relax you and even be a good rest.

To sum up I would like to say that as present life is very stressful and fast food can improve it only by being nourishing and easy-to-prepare. Using modern kitchen appliances make cooking easier and help to preserve necessary nutrients.

Has food become easier to prepare? Yes, it has. And I think this change has improved the way people live because of several reasons. It saves their time and energy, makes(what is the subject of this verb? If your answer is the previous sentence, I think you should use "making" right here) cooking more pleasant and quicker. To better understand my point of view I have to explain what I mean under the expression “ food has become easier to prepare”. I mean that buying raw products, meat, fish, vegetables and fruit,(what do you want to tell in this sentence?) people can prepare dishes faster and easier by using modern kitchen appliances such as blenders, grinders, juice extractors, electric cookers etc. This way of cooking preserves all nutrients. Thus, these foods are nourishing and useful for people.

Modern life is very fast. People have to do more in a lesser time. It requires to set a priorities(a priority or priorities??) and usually food is not so important as job and career(job and career, is it redundant?). Besides, women who used to do cooking (why do not you use cook as a verb?)in all times are not available any more for this job as much as before. They have their own careers too. In such fast race of modern life time is a very valuable thing. That’s why an easier and faster way of preparing food definitely improve (what is the subject of this verb, if "way" , I think you had better use "improves") quality of people life saving their time and energy.

Using kitchen appliances is much more pleasant than doing everything by hand. You can blend some fruits, milk and eggs and get a very nourishing cocktail. It would be much more difficult to do manually. And also you can grind some vegetables and get a tasty salad. Pressure cooker can help you to prepare your dishes very quickly ( meat will be ready in 15 minutes ). Cooking in this way may relax you and even be a good rest.

To sum up I would like to say that as present life is very stressful and fast food can improve it only by being nourishing and easy-to-prepare. Using modern kitchen appliances make cooking easier and help to preserve necessary nutrients.

Hi Tetyana!!:D

I tried to collect some sentences that I may not sure if they are correct.

Hi all,

this is my essay; Hope you'll help me.... I really appreciate your works, you are precious for us![:o)]

max

Modern technologies have made food easier to prepare, and in my opinion, this has been an improvement of the way people live because they have been able to spend less time on cooking, eat a greater variety of food and be able to cook by theirselves everything.

First of all, easier food to prepar has allowed people to save time for their affairs: in fact nowaday there are a lot of people that have not the time for cooking instead of the time people used to spend in kitchen several decades ago. Businessmen, full time students and many other people are too busy to learn about cooking techniques, so these people have taken benefits from the new generation of food. Let’s think of frozen food: they just need to be unfrozened to be ready to eat. So, cooking in a faster way has became part of the modern life.

An other thing to consider is that people can now eat a greater variety of food: in fact, thanks to the kind of food easier to preparate, we can preparate elaburated dishes like oriental, french or italian ones. A lot of people love these kinds of dishes, but, because of their lack of cooking knowledge, they weren’t able to cook them. Nowadays frozen food get easier cooking those complicated dishes and allow everyone to prepare them without any difficulties.

Last but not least we have to consider that, thaks to these kinds of food, people can now cook by theirselves, without going to restaurants or somewhere else. That is important not only because, as I said before, it allows them to save time, but also to save money; so, as a result, they have time and money to spend in other activities.

So I think that frozen food and every other kind of techniques that has made food easier to preparate, are really an important thing for us because it is improving our life-style it and is helping many people in saving time, money and eating whatever they want.

Hi

This is my first essay posting . PLease give me your comments on it .

Thanks alot in advance .

Today lots of ready-made,frozen and a variety of food is available in the market .This has really made the prepartaion of food very simple than it used to be earlier. It has a great impact on the life style and health of people.

First, the eating habbits of people, round the globe, are changing . Second , the varity of food is easily available with less efforts and hence people can spend a lot of time in other imporatnt things . Finally the food industry and the supporting indutries are booming and giving employmennt to lots of people and comforting the lives of everyone.

Unlike olden days, when there was no avaibility of diffrent home devices such as mixers, grinders and food processor and microwave ovens cooking good food was indeed a tedious job . Today technology and great minds have changed the scene .There are lots of kitchen devices which makes the cooking really simple .There are lots of food companies which have made the cooking process even more simpler by making out new products like Frozen food, cut and chopped vegetables and lots of other things . Some familiar examples of such products are Knor soups, Kellocks cereals, Tortilas,Dominoes pizzas,noodles which are really healthy and easy to make and are liked by people all over theworld . Moreover, these companies make the food products by taking in to consideration eating habbits of poeple all over the world and also with certain health problems . For example A diebetic patient can now eat sweets because of the sugar free sweetener in tese products . The frozen food which is half cooked is also very simple to prepare that even children can make thier meals . Pizzas which were originally prepeared in Itali are now famous all over the world.The processed food can be used for a longer duration hence can be exported all over world . People from all over the globe are getting to to the food of other regions and can enjoy diffrent variety.

Apart from chane in eating food habbits, people who are working 7 by 24 hrs a week can make healty and tasty food for themselves in hardly any time . People now can take out more time for thier work and still manage to get good food.

Because of all these advancement in food industry and revloutionary food products making food is really easy now a days .

Women can take out time for other things which they were not able to earlier. Earlier woman used to spend most of the time in cooking stuff for thier family Now they are gettign time to mange thier personal goals along with thier family satisfaction . Infact because of the easy cooking style even the family memebrs can make the food in thier absence.

Therefore People are really getting to take out more time to satisfy thier personal and profesastion goals.

Finanlly the important change in people's life is the growing food industry and the oter supporting industries. Food industry has given employment to several million people all over world by improving the food qality and easyness in cooking .This is considered to be the 100% profitable business. Food industry is now getting more value than ever before hence more and more people are attracted towards it . In conclusion ,because of the demand ,many children want to choose it as their professional goal. There have been several institutes to train such students .

To conclude , the revloution in food industry which has made making food easy is really benificial to people in several ways . It has affected the eating styles of peopel all over world , given them the luxury and more time to concentrate on their carriers and also boomed of food industry.

Originally posted by synthia

Here is my essay on this topic:

Kindly evaluate it., :D

There is no doubt about the fact that food has become easier to prepare. Earlier, when one had to prepare pickles, one had to go through the entire time consuming process of buying the vegetable, drying it, dessicating it further with salt and then curing it. Comparatively, nowadays, pre-dried vegetables are available and the whole process is much easier. Similarly, gone are the days, when one had to knead wheat, prepare sun dried tomatoes, and then bake the pizza in a wood oven at 590 degree celsius.Nowadays, readymade pizza is available. One has to simply buy it and heat it in the microwave and it is ready to eat.

From these examples, it seems that food has become easier to prepare, and hence, we save a lot of time which we would have spent on cooking. But such a conclusion is open to debate.

The pre-processed food industry is worth several million dollars. Canned foods and smoked ham are available off the shelf. With amenities like these available nowadays, one would assume that the time wasted by ordinary people at cooking is saved. Further on, more time should be available for recreation, sports and entertainment. Yet, the average person hardly has time available to spend with his family. A similar situation existed before the advent of pre-processed or pre-cooked foods. Ordinary people are as busy as before. Thus it is unfair to completely assume that since the preparation of food has become easier, our way of living has become easier.

On the other hand pre-prepared food is full of additives meant to preserver it. Sodium chloride, monosodium glutamate and sugar are a few of these additives. It has been found that pre-prepared foods contain a high amount of these chemicals as compared to normal food products. Excess amount of sodium chloride can lead to many diseases such as hypertension and heart disease. Each of these diseases can lead to fatalities. Heart disease has killed more people thatn most other diseases on this planet. Also, excess amount of saturated fat present, can lead to blockage of arteries which can lead to stroke which leads to paralysis in most cases. Also, monosodium glutamateis carcinigenic. Prolonged use of food containing it, can definitely cause cancer. One must also take note of the fact that onlya fraction of all the additives used in pre-prepared food have been mentioned above. Hence, the fact that food that is easier to prepare can lead to several life-threatening diseases negates its ability to improve the way we live.

The cuisine of a country is a very important part of its culture. Recipes have been passed down the ages from grandmothers to grand daughters. They have survived the test of time. Although it does not seem like a serious issue, one must consider what would happen if everyone started using food that is easier to prepare. The centuries old recipes would be forgotten. A very important link to our culture would be broken. Also, traditionally cooking food together was a means of bonding between famliy members. Stories were told, jokes were exchanged and gossiping used to be done during cooking.On the other had, when food is easier to prepare, the process of cooking becomes impersonal and bonding never happens. Thus, though cooking has become asier, it has ngeatively affected the process of social bonding which is of importance to our life.

There is no doubt abbout the fact tat ease in preparation of food has made things a lot easier. It has enabled ordinarly people to cook food that rivals the kind of food cooked by chefs. Yet, one cannot overlook the fact that it is hard to find a direct relation between food being easier to cook and our life becoming easier.

Originally posted by meggy123

Hi LokeshRay

well written essay . But in my opinion toefl point of view for such topics we need to take one stand .

Let me know what you think about it ?

Meggy

I saw your essay it is about 720 words !!!!!

An optimum length is abput 300-500

Thats what ERIN has emphasized.

Since we have only 30 minutes,

I feel that your time would be better utilised if you spend it polishing your essay and improving its language and content rather than lengthening it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Everybody,

please give me some comments on my essay.

I feel this is too short in length. How do you think about it?

Food preparing has certainly become easy owing to some great inventions like microwave oven and fast or convenience food, convenience stores. I believe that this has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are two reasones why.

People come to have more time to do other than prepare food, beneficial especially to women. They have could reduced the tiresome of housework, spend the extra time traveling, shopping and working full-or part- time. This encouraged women to experience the world and contributed to the advance of women into society, as a result.

On the other hand, people had to suffer chronic diseases such as obesity, stomach upset because people had eated less rice, vegetable ad intaked more meat, fat--the eating habits of the Japanese were mostly lost. Moreover, all the members of a family sit the table fewer times and have lost their bond.

To summerize, preparing food easily made women, particuraly housemaster give more time and take them outside, but also people ill and the ties that hold a family together break off.

Miwa:D hello again!! pls do not bored me..

Hi, Everybody,

please give me some comments on my essay.

I feel this is too short in length. How do you think about it?

Yeah! your essay is too short. In order to get high score, your essay should contain at least 150 words. You can provide some more examples in order to lengthen your essay.

Food preparing has certainly become easy owing to some great inventions like microwave oven and fast or conveniencet food, conveniencet stores( convenience is noun and convenient is adj. pls be careful!!). I believe that this has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are two reasones why(it is a bit too strangth for me. I think you should add sth after "why". It seems your sentence is not complete).

People come to have more time to do other than prepare(ing) food, beneficial especially to women. They have could reduced the tiresome(ness) of housework, spend the extra time traveling, shopping and working full-or part- time. Thisese encouraged women to experience the world and contributed to the advance of women into society, as a result.

On the other hand, people had to suffer chronic diseases such as obesity, stomach upset because people had eatedn less rice, vegetable and intaked more meat, fat--the eating habits of the Japanese were mostly lost(really?? I see all jap women are extremely slim:D). Moreover, all the members of a family sit the table fewer times and have lost their bond.

To summerize, preparing food easily made women, particuraly housemaster give more time and take them outside, but also people ill and the ties that hold a family together break off. (Umm!! I got confused with your conclusion, so I refrained from collecting your grammatical structure.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohayoo Miwa san..;)

I collected some of your gramatical mistakes and I think there are still some error left..However, what I tell you can be wrong.:p If you do not agree with some points, pls ask.. I think other TMians can help you..:)

PS..Are you Japanese? I had stayed in Japan for one year and still impressed anything there--people, weather, travelling places.. So, if you are Japanese, pls let me know..[heartbeat]

nu-num2001san ohayoo,

Thank you for correcting my essay[heartbeat]

By the way, as you think, I am a Japanese.

I tried rewriting my essay. Please comment at your leisure.

Recently, In Japan, more and more people have been taking advantage of pre-prepared food, espacially youngsters, some of whom are making the habit of getting around to convenience stores on the way home every day. This phenomenon has become remarkable since convenient cooking inventions. In my view, this change has both advantages and disadvantages.

On the positive side, this change has helped women become a working member of society. Prepraring food involves shopping, selecting foodstuffs and making out a menu, on which we have to spend much time. And they can be major headaches for chefs. Most of Japanese women used to have to be a housewife, because preparing food is traditionally women's work in Japan. Yet, thanks to this change, they have afforded to do some other chores or even try a new thing, and to enjoy getting outside. Now more and more Japanese women are working full time. Needless to say, one of the main reasons for this is that food has become easy to ready.

On the negative, this change has destroyed the ties of many families. Most of the Japanese families used to have meals, especially dinner, all getting together at the table. This was a custom before. However, since the emergence of modern cooking appliances as microwaves, more people have had meals, separated from their family, for even a little child could ready meals with such inventions. Now many have less time to communicate among family, and feel alienated from each other, as a result.

To summerize, the more easily we have been able to prepare food, the lighter the burden on women, and consequently, more women are now working outside, but on the other side, the bond of the japanese family that fasten down to each member before has broken off.

I tried rewriting my essay. Please comment at your leisure.

Yeah!! I am more than welcome to do so.:D

Recently, In Japan, more and more people have been taking taken advantage of pre-prepared food, espacially youngsters, some of whom are making the habit of getting around to conveniencet(pls remember this word. As I say, convenience is noun and convenient is adj.Therefore, you can not use convenience in the position of adj.) stores on the way home every day. This phenomenon has become remarkable since convenient cooking inventions. In my view, this change has both advantages and disadvantages.

On the positive side, this change has helped women become a working member of society. Prepraring food involves shopping, selecting foodstuffs and making out a menu, on which we have to spend much time. And they can be major headaches for chefs. Most of Japanese women used to have to be a housewife, because preparing food is traditionally women's work in Japan. Yet, thanks to this change, they have afforded(this is the meaning of "afford" as I know, afford = to have money to buy sth. Maybe, there are other secondary meaning which I do not know before. However, I do not know what you mean in this sentence.) to do some other chores or even try a new thing, and to enjoy getting outside. Now more and more Japanese women are working full time. Needless to say, one of the main reasons for this is that food has become easy to ready.

On the negative side, this change has destroyed the ties of many families. Most of the Japanese families used to have meals, especially dinner, all getting together at the table. This was a custom before. However, since the emergence of modern cooking appliances as microwaves, more people have had meals, separated from their family, for even a little child could ready meals with such inventions. Now many have less time to communicate among family, and feel alienated from each other, as a result.

To summerize, the more easilyeasier we have been able to prepared food, the lighter the burden on women, and consequently, more women are now working outside, but on the other side, the bond of the japanese family that fasten down up to each member before has been broken off.

Miwa;

This essay is much better than the frist one..Indeed, I think your english skill is much better than all of my Jap friends. :o