Urch Forums

#003: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare.

synthia

It’s really true that nowadays food has become easier to cook than earlier days. It is just a couple of minutes had your food become ready. There are equipments like microwave, oven, which makes it easy to cook. Also lots of things are available as frozen, so you just get those home, keep them in microwave and those will be ready to eat.

This has improved the people's standard of leaving. They can spend more time doing other things, which they like to do. Still a woman is supposed to cook in house. Earlier she hardly used to get time to study, watch TV, enjoy her hobbies or for working. Though she was trying to do all it her life was too busy cooking early in the morning going to office, come home and cook for evening. This used to be a hectic schedule, which did not give her time to spend for her own. Now she can cook the food fast and spend her time doing something valuable. As the physical work has reduced she can spend more time doing mental work.

Now people can spend more time for playing games, watching movies or TV shows. They can engage themselves in social activities. Husband and wife can spend time together after coming from work at home. They find time for shopping, to go out with kids to garden or places like chucky cheese. They can go to gym and do exercise or enjoy swimming.

Many people can spend time enjoying dancing, singing, playing piano, violin etc. They are enjoying the life better than earlier. Earlier time used to be the biggest constraint for them. They can attend different functions, orchestras, dancing and singing programs, stage shows, speeches, workshops and evening classes, training programs. They can spend time freaking out with friends. This all has made a human being more social than earlier.

Considering all these factors I would like to say, easier cooking has made the people's hectic schedule a leisure one and they spend more time enjoying the life. Human has become more social as he gets more time to mix with others. He spends time on social activities. He also spends time on creative activities.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Please comment on my essay,thanks

Nowadays, food has become a lot easier to prepare. This is definitely a necessity especially in this age of supersonic jets where time has become as precious as a drop of gold. When People are aiming at doing a lot more in a lot less time, I don’t think a hours of cooking fits in our diurnal schedule .That’s why the advent of the microwave ovens and ice-cream makers and mixers has an impact in our lives.

The advent of modern cooking utensils has reduced the time a person had to spend for a dish of food .The microwave oven definitely takes a lot les time to prepare food than is taken by an ordinary oven .The mixer has reduced the time taken to grind cinnamons, etc. than what it took to hand-grind them .These have reduced the cooking time and have helped people to add these precious moments to do other works .As for example a student can now spend some of these time for the preparation of his exam .

Moreover, a lot of preprocessed and frozen foods are available in the market . They are required to be boiled in hot water thus reducing preparation time even for a delicious meal .A person tired from his work and longing for some sleep after a hard days work doesn’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen for his dinner.

Faster cooking have left people to spend some time even for his enjoyment, as one can now see a day and night cricket match without having to think too much on his cooking.

This has definitely helped for friendly gatherings. The host friends can now enjoy more time with their guests without even compromising on the quality or the variety of items. All this has been possibly because food has become easier to prepare.

We can thus say that easy food preparations have helped man to have a good balance between his work, enjoyment and social life.

:) Hi everybody please express your views about my essay.

Thankx

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

======================================================================================

Starting from the Stone age mankind has undergone a lot of changes. From early days the supreme aim in man's life has been accumulating food for himself and his family. Man has devised various dints to meet up his need. With the passage of time life has become more and more complex and competitive - food is not the sole aim in a man's life .The only posing problem today in man's life is 'TIME'. If a person spends most of his time in cooking then will he/she be able to upgrade him/herself? Will they succeed in the struggle for existence? So to cope up with this problem man has discovered various methods. With the help of science and technology people have excogitated multifarious means to succeed in pace with time

In the days where each and every individual is engaged in his or her work--be it studying or office works or research works, people hardly get any time to spend in a long course meal. They try to end up this work with as much less time and effort as possible--and this dream has been made reality with the help of various cooking gadgets and apparatus. For example, long ago cooking rice or meat consumed huge amount of time and fuel but thanks to Pressure cooker that accelerated the entire process. Nowadays Micro Wave Oven is extensively used to warm and cook food retaining their nutrients and food value - the affair involves just a few seconds. Preparing beverages like coffee is no longer a time consuming affair--one can quench his thirst as soon as he/she wants. Starting from chopping vegetables, grinding spices, to grilling and toasting gadgets do the job so that one can spend that time in some other more desired matter.

Moreover with the advent of preprocessed and precooked food time is much saved. One can get his or her desired dish sitting at home in a matter of few minutes without paying a huge bill in the restaurant. This is of immense help to students and working persons who after their hectic schedule can indulge in a smacking meal. Be it meat, Chinese dishes or simple macaroni if the food is precooked then it saves a lot of time. To add the introduction of packet food like cornflakes or sausages one gets to enjoy the dish without endeavor.

But like any other matter this also has some disadvantages. With the use of precooked food one cannot avail the freshness and nourishment that an uncooked meal ingredients provide. More over like any other technology this involves monitory problems. But as we all know to have the fruits of anything we also have to deal with the seeds and for such a wonderful experience this little problems are foreshadowed. So the latest technology and availability of food with such ease has definitely ameliorated people's life style and provided opportunities for consolidating in much more desired opus.

:) Hi!

Please go through my essay.I 'mwaiting for your comments.

Thank you.

Starting from the Stone age mankind has undergone a lot of changes. From early days the supreme aim in man's life has been accumulating food for himself and his family. Man has devised various dints to meet up his need. With the passage of time life has become more and more complex and competitive - food is not the sole aim in a man's life .The only posing problem today in man's life is 'TIME'. If a person spends most of his time in cooking then will he/she be able to upgrade him/herself? Will they succeed in the struggle for existence? So to cope up with this problem man has discovered various methods. With the help of science and technology people have excogitated multifarious means to succeed in pace with time

In the days where each and every individual is engaged in his or her work--be it studying or office works or research works, people hardly get any time to spend in a long course meal. They try to end up this work with as much less time and effort as possible--and this dream has been made reality with the help of various cooking gadgets and apparatus. For example, long ago cooking rice or meat consumed huge amount of time and fuel but thanks to Pressure cooker that accelerated the entire process. Nowadays Micro Wave Oven is extensively used to warm and cook food retaining their nutrients and food value - the affair involves just a few seconds. Preparing beverages like coffee is no longer a time consuming affair--one can quench his thirst as soon as he/she wants. Starting from chopping vegetables, grinding spices, to grilling and toasting gadgets do the job so that one can spend that time in some other more desired matter.

Moreover with the advent of preprocessed and precooked food time is much saved. One can get his or her desired dish sitting at home in a matter of few minutes without paying a huge bill in the restaurant. This is of immense help to students and working persons who after their hectic schedule can indulge in a smacking meal. Be it meat, Chinese dishes or simple macaroni if the food is precooked then it saves a lot of time. To add the introduction of packet food like cornflakes or sausages one gets to enjoy the dish without endeavor.

But like any other matter this also has some disadvantages. With the use of precooked food one cannot avail the freshness and nourishment that an uncooked meal ingredients provide. More over like any other technology this involves monitory problems. But as we all know to have the fruits of anything we also have to deal with the seeds and for such a wonderful experience this little problems are foreshadowed. So the latest technology and availability of food with such ease has definitely ameliorated people's life style and provided opportunities for consolidating in much more desired opus.

Modern life is very fast. People have to do more in a lesser time. It requires to set a priorities(a priority or priorities??) and usually food is not so important as job and career(job and career, is it redundant?). Besides, women who used to do cooking (why do not you use cook as a verb?)in all times are not available any more for this job as much as before. They have their own careers too. In such fast race of modern life time is a very valuable thing. That’s why an easier and faster way of preparing food definitely improve (what is the subject of this verb, if "way" , I think you had better use "improves") quality of people life saving their time and energy.

hi nu_nam,

for me, i think " that's why an easier and faster way of preparing food definitely improves" is ok. "way" is a noun rite? So i don't know wat ya mean " what is the subject of verb, if "way" " Could you plz explan to me more?

Originally posted by nu_nam2001

thuankha;

I just thought that "an easier and faster way" is a countable noun; so it should use with singular verb which is "improves", but if that sentence use "improve"; then the subject of that sentence should be "easier and faster ways"..

Hi nu nam

I understand what your means, yea that's rite. I think your so good in essay, cuold you plz have a look at my essay, 'cos this is the first time I post my stuff here, thanks a bunch

Originally posted by thuankha

Originally posted by nu_nam2001

thuankha;

I just thought that "an easier and faster way" is a countable noun; so it should use with singular verb which is "improves", but if that sentence use "improve"; then the subject of that sentence should be "easier and faster ways"..

Hi nu nam

I understand what your means, yea that's rite. I think your so good in essay, cuold you plz have a look at my essay, 'cos this is the first time I post my stuff here, thanks a bunch

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me with this essay...I did not enjoyed it very much and I think is not well developt..any ideas?

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Due to the fact, that food has become much easier to prepare, people have certainly improved their lives, at least in terms of time spent in the kitchen and the quality of the food they prepare.

Fortunately, since the technology breakthrough we make use of several modern kitchen appliances, like blenders and microwaves that are saving us a lot of time when we engage in food preparation activities. This is important to people that are extremely busy and still want to prepare their food in a healthy way. Because, we prepare food easier and faster we seem to pay much more attention to what we are really eating. We have the time to consider all the implications that several food recipes or ingredients are having on our bodies.

Even if in the past, cooking was a time consuming activity, nowadays is a fun activity, which brings people together. In my family, my mother enjoys very much baking cakes, and it is relaxing watching her or helping her sometimes. Since everybody loves her cakes, I often think that this is her way of making us get together on Sundays and stay close to her and the family.

To conclude, preparing food much faster and much easier has improved our lives, we pay more attention to what we eat, basically, cooking has become more like a hobby, we have fun and relax while preparing complicated dishes without a chef’s help.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Erin, I'll appreciat it if you could read my essay and tell me what do think about it .

thank you !!!!

(this is the best Internet site of the TOFEL!!!!!!!!!)

#3:

I belive that this days, food has become easier to prepare and therefore the way people lives has improved. Making food is not so hard like it used to be so people have more free time, and there is a biger variety of food to choose from.

Thousands of years ago, making food was a very hard job. The men had to leave the family and go hunting for days so that the family will have food. even after they had food they had to built fire and clean the meat.Those things weren't easy to do and people had to be physicaly strong to be able to just eat. Today you don't need to work hard in order to put food on the table. We don't need bonfire because we have stoves and we even have prepared food that we just need to warm up.

The easier it becomes to prepare food the fastest it becomes to prepare it. Long time ago when people worked realy hard to make their food, it took them long time to do so. The longest it takes to prepare food, the less time people had for other things, like quality time with the family.

Nowadays, while the food is in the oven you can clean up your house, watch T.V, nap and more. You can even go out to eat, this way you don't need to spend time cooking at all.

Back at the days when people had to work hard for thier food, they had to eat only the things that they could find in thier environment. Today we can go to the nearest store and find food from almost every country on the planet, or you can go out to a special restaurant and eat different kind of food.

Therefore, I do believe that our live improved because of the change in the way we prepare our food this days.

Making food is easier, leave us with more free time and we can choose what kind of food to eat.

• 1 month later...

Preparing food has become much easier in contemporary life than in the past. This saves much time, and this time might be used for many different activities. I believe that the fact that food is easier to prepare has a great positive influence on the contemporary society.

One reason for my belief is that people have more time to study. Knowledge is power. Many people, especially women, used to spend hours preparing food for their families. Now they are able to use this time for obtaining knowledge. Aristotle, a great Greek philosopher, once said, “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead.” The more information people know, the more interesting and exciting their life might be. Many people around the world are thankful for the easier ways of preparing food because they have more time that they can use for studying.

Another reason for my belief is that since easier cooking saves much time, people have more time for different activities. For example, many people might spend this time doing sports. Or, some people might be able to do job that in the past they could not have done because they spent much time cooking. I especially want to emphasize that women spent much of their time cooking. Now women have more time for education that will help them to get a job that they like. Doing a job that you like is more challenging than cooking.

The fact that food has become easer to prepare has many other positive aspects. For instance, the quality of food has improved. Therefore, it promotes the health of the nation to improve. More people have jobs in the food industry where they precook food for other people. This decreases unemployment.

However, some people might say that easier cooking makes some people lazy. I disagree with this opinion, because if one wants to improve his or her way of living, or his or her personality, they will spend free time working or reading, and not resting on the couch.

For all these reasons I believe that the fact that food has become easier to prepare has a great positive influence on society. This not only saves much time but also gives many other great opportunities for people to contribute to society.

will I get 5 for such a essay

Eating healthy food performs a vital role in making a persons life healthy .Always a well balanced diet can be achieved by making good food according to your taste and time in your own kitchen . Restaurants always serve tasty food like burgers and chess sticks but these items add up on a lot of calories to our diet which ultimately results in making a person obese

In the olden days people made all kinds of foods by themselves they made bread from the scratch butter from the milk , though making food took a long time it helped people to eliminate many of the unknown diseases and helped to stay resistant to many disease

In the modern era people hardly find time to cook many people buy fresh gourmet food and healthy snacks like the salads from the restaurants but the greatest disadvantage is that it increases your monthly spending amount when visiting any restaurant. Foods available at a cheaper rate always tend to be of less taste and unhealthy.When ever we visit a resurant people tend to have lot unhealthy foods like the ice-cream and pound cakes which can make a person to visit the restaurant a number of times

The greatest advantage of preparing food at home is that it can be done any number of times and at any time of the day and night though many fast foods tend to open till late night still u need to drive inorder to get there and in cases of sevre weather a person would not be able to go to a restaurant and have food .Easy and any time availability makes the homcooking more and more advantageous than restaurants .

Hence It is always wiser to eat home made food which is available throught out the day and night and keeps a person heathy and saty fit .