Urch Forums

700 (Q49, V35)...finally I'm done with the GMAT

TaTum

Dear jmdgirish,

I would say you are in a pretty good shape right now. Be confident! :tup: If I were you going to take the GMAT in a couple weeks, I think it would be a time to focus on the quality rather than quantity. Enjoy digesting from what you have done, while keep practicing a full-length test by doing SET21-31 (time yourself) and the GMAT Prep 2.

Just forget about MGMAT; it to some degree differs from the authentic GMAT, and its Quan is perhaps too difficult.

For RD, I, realizing it costed too much time, didn't write down anything. Rather, I did paraphrase the context of the each paragraph mentally.

For the note you asked for, please download it from the below link.

2shared - download Adhamjons SC notes.pdf

Good luck!

Dear jmdgirish,

I would say you are in a pretty good shape right now. Be confident! :tup: If I were you going to take the GMAT in a couple weeks, I think it would be a time to focus on the quality rather than quantity. Enjoy digesting from what you have done, while keep practicing a full-length test by doing SET21-31 (time yourself) and the GMAT Prep 2.

Just forget about MGMAT; it to some degree differs from the authentic GMAT, and its Quan is perhaps too difficult.

For RD, I, realizing it costed too much time, didn't write down anything. Rather, I did paraphrase the context of the each paragraph mentally.

For the note you asked for, please download it from the below link.

2shared - download Adhamjons SC notes.pdf

Good luck!

Thanks so much,

Need one more favour please, kindly let me know if there is any way I can get the Sets 21-31 , I do not have these I guess. Any link would be really helpful.

Incidentally I gave Manhattan CAT 2 and got 670, not sure whats going on but am getting too many incorrect. I have realised I get into solving a question and just stick on to it rather than guessing, I am findign it really hard to get over this habit. As a result I end up guessing at teh last questions. Am stupid I know and I hate myself for repeatedly doing this again and again. Any thoughts?

Thanks again and would be eternally grateful if you could guide me to the Sets 21-31.

Many Thanks.

-Regards,

Girish

Hi,

You can get SET21-31 from below, a website that Kill GMAT has created.

GMAT Materials

For MGMAT CAT, as I said before, even though someone find it useful, I didn't. The reason was that I had performed quite well in MGMAT but later I got only 640 in the real gmat. I felt it required differently from what the real GMAT wanted. However, I think it comes with excellent explanation, which you can learn from. Plus, if you are run out of time in Verbal, you should better manage your pacing anyhow.

Stay cool, and reevaluate your performance when doing the GMATPrep or SETs!

Good luck,

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much effective and krovvidy (actually you were the first to give me a PM : )). You were so kind. Please also accept my best wishes for your professional success.

Yes, I think being accepted to Stanford is really great. Even though I still have a number of interviews to go, including those with the Wharton MBA program, I think I would take this offer! Today, I just got my Stanford Sloan program "Welcome" binder! It's so cool.

So, let's see you in California. ; )

All the best,

• 1 month later...

Apparently the GMAT is just one part of an application and Adcom evaluates the application as a whole. I think you should pay close attention to the requirements of the program you are interested in.

I have been lucky enough to be accepted to a number of prestigious programs, so I would say that you won't have any problem with a 700. It will be just fine.

Best,

well... congratulation to the original poster. With a 700 score like yours which kind of Business school is going to accept you? First 50? Do we have this kind of information?

Thanks anyway and congratulation again

hey Tatum,

Is it possible to give me some guidance on schools etc. I got a 720 (q49 v38). I have not applied as yet because I got busy with my responsibilities at work. Just wished to get a fair idea of what to be prepared for.

Thanks again.

-Regards,

Girish

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...