Urch Forums

Accepted to write FPGEE with 4 year BPharm after 2003 + 1 pre-U

vvfong

No post and when I called them they said it's still in the process. I learned not to take their word when they say ''you should hear from us in 2 weeks time". Like someone said "every decision is case by case" I stop studying for now and back to work. A bit relife. I'll be doing the Tofel soon. Thanks An12345

Hi i got my ECe and says I got the eqiuvalency Of Bachelor of Science with major oin Pharmaceutical sciences.

Does this mean i can seat for fpgee.I need an answer Thanks

Jessica 2525 you just have to wait and see :( I still have not heard from them, and was hoping to sit tomorrow's exam. I gave up calling them. Keep your fingers crossed. Good luck to 19th April 10 exam takers. Hope they'll do well.

Wow am I glad that I didn't take the April exam cause I wouldn't have made it to the US due to the flight ban since 14th of April. That would have been so cruel to miss an exam after studying so hard. What would NABP do for those who missed their exam? Who told that volcano in Iceland to erupt and stop all flights?!?

Edited by LishaD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lisha,

Did u hear from NABP?

Hi all,

This is the report i got from ECE.Please tell me what i should understand from tis...am i eligible or not?

It is the judgement of educational credential evaluators, inc that xxx xxx has the United States equivalent of :

--Associate of Applied Science degree in Pharmacy Technology (1998-1999)

--Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Apr 2003)

Hello all,

I just wanted to mention to all the fellow Canadians out there that I graduated after 2003 from a Canadian pharmacy program and I have been accepted to write the FPGEE. I thought that our program was considered a four year program and for years I believed I would not be able to get licensed in the States. However, after I finally called the NABP, they confirmed that the Canadian degree is considered a "four plus one" - four year degree plus one year foundational/prerequisites/whatcha-ma-call-it

I submitted my ECE documentation in early April and received word within a couple of weeks. I sat on my documents for a while and then sent everything off to the NABP at the end of April and received word within four weeks, probably three, that everything had been approved and I am now signed up for certain for the September 30th exam. It all went surprisingly quick for me, though I guess I did obsessive-compulsively check everything multiple times.

I'm just posting this so that other Canadian pharmacists curious about their equivalency eligibility will have a quick answer.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear all,

I comleted a 4 years B.Pharm in India 2005, I did a 2 years M.Sc. Pharmacology with specialization in pharmacokinetics . Unfortunately I received a letter stating that the degree obtained and the coursework completed dosent satisfactory fulfill the requirement for experince in patient care in a clinical pharmacy setting.

- I dont know what to do , so plz I am in very need of your advice?

what shall I do?

thanx alot

Hello everyone, I do plan to submit my documents for evaluation to the NABP. I had done my A levels prior to getting into pharmacy school in Pakistan. I have heard that A levels is accepted by the ECE as prepharmacy coursework. Is it true??

Hafiz, I did something like an A-level prior to B Pharm and I was eligible for the FPGEE exam.

Dear all,

I comleted a 4 years B.Pharm in India 2005, I did a 2 years M.Sc. Pharmacology with specialization in pharmacokinetics . Unfortunately I received a letter stating that the degree obtained and the coursework completed dosent satisfactory fulfill the requirement for experince in patient care in a clinical pharmacy setting.

- I dont know what to do , so plz I am in very need of your advice?

what shall I do?

thanx alot

Hi Elnagar, the FPGEE requires candidates to have a Bachelor of Pharmacy. In your case, I'm afraid you might not be able to sit for FPGEE. But I suggest you call NABP to make a final try.

• 2 months later...
Hi Lisha...Congrats and hope you will have a good preparation for your exam...

waiting for mine...anyways its been only a week i posted...so it will take much time..

Hi Goldie,

Did you get acceptance to sit in FPGEE exam finally?

Even I got ECE evaluation report. I got my Bachelor of Pharmacy degree done in Jan 2002. ECE report says that I have US equivalence to " Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Pharmaceutical Sciences".

Do you think I have some chance to sit in FPGEE?

Thanks,

• 10 months later...

hi everyone,

i have been reading the threads for a couple of days.got my BS degree from india in 2010 and as a us resident i wanna practice it here , i would just like information on the following questions if anyone has any idea , and would kindly share it ,i would appreciate the help .

1. which type of evaluation report do i need to apply for ,as ece states clearly tht for proffesional licencure , the only do it if agency or institution asks for it ?

2. is the evaluation process done seperately from the fpgec or all together

3. i came across some universities which offer intl post bacc. pharmD , which is 2.5-3 yrs , if i opt for that , is it possible to practice pharmD in newyork ?

4. if anyone can give me in brief how to go abt the whole process , where and what to start from ?

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have a B.Pharm degree from Israel. There are only two universities that teach Pharmacy. Studying takes four years and after that internship for another six months. We have to complete the internship successfully in order to get the diploma and the right to work as a pharmacist.

I want to practice Pharmacy in the U.S and from what I've read in the NABP site, it is not enough (so I understood).

Maybe someone here studied in Israel and can tell me if it's enough? If not, what can I do? Do I need a second degree? In what major?

Everyone who knows and can help me, I'll be very thankfull.

• 2 months later...

hi guyss i'm undergraduate student ... and i want to take FPGEE after graduate .... i will show you my case

1- we admission to pharmacy college after high school

2- we completed B.Pharm in 5 years

12 years high school + 5 years university

is that's enough to take FPGEE??????????

• 1 year later...
dear jigneshpatel,

To answer your questions:

1. my ECE says I have a US equivalent of Bachelor of Pharmacy degree.

2 & 3. Back in Malaysia, 12th grade in US is equivalent to our high school. After high school, we cannot enroll into a Pharmacy degree, we need a Pre-University foundation (also called Pre-pharmacy coursework in US). My Pre-university foundation is a 2 years program (however, ECE says my 2 years is equivalent to US 1 year of pre-pharmacy). So 1 year pre-pharm + 4 years bachelor of pharmacy degree = 5 years.

4. I did not contact the Dean of Ohio. I applied to NABP from Malaysia. I sent in my application to NABP and received the acceptance letter in 3 weeks. But make sure all your documents are complete and notarized. I spent lots of money in notary public services. But it paid off.

Have you submitted your FPGEE application to NABP?

All the best to you!

Hi, i have B.pharm 4 years degree but in india for high school we study bilogy , chemistry and maths for 2 years so in that case will ECE will accept me for FPGEE? please help me out...and what curriculum you guys have for High school?

• 1 year later...
Hello everyone, I do plan to submit my documents for evaluation to the NABP. I had done my A levels prior to getting into pharmacy school in Pakistan. I have heard that A levels is accepted by the ECE as prepharmacy coursework. Is it true??

Hi Hafiz and everyone on theforum, how did it go with ECE and FPGEC...did they accept your A' Levels as pre- pharmacy coursework? I graduated in 2007 from India was a four year course but I did my A levels(2yrs) too prior to joining B.Pharm (4year degree). Please do let me know as I want to start the application for FPGEC...thanks

• 4 years later...
hi vvfong,

i have bpharm degree 4 years and in india for high school we study biology, chemistry and maths so will that be enough for ECE and Nabp to accept my application for FPGEE...please help me out...im really worried

Hello Kmanju09

I have same situation like you 4 years graduation from India and high school (12 th grade with physics chemistry and biology )

Did you submit application to FPGEE ? WAS IT APPROVED OR DENIED?

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU

THANK YOU

TANMAY DESAI

• 3 years later...

Hello All,

Please reply if anyone here got FPGE Certification (not only approval to sit in exam) and had profile 12th grade with Math/Bio/Phys/Chem + 4 years of B.Pharm in India.

Reply will be really appreciated.

🙏🏼