Urch Forums

Please rate and review my Issue

The presence of a competitor is always beneficial to a company. Competition forces a company to change itself in ways that improve its practices."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The competion among companies of a particular sector is most beneficiary to public instead of companines.

For example in the telecom industry, if only a single company will provide the services than the company knew that as there is a monopoly in this field and there is no other competitor, people are bound to take its service. They don't have any other choice. And it will result the low quality service. company will not launch the new plans for customer beneficial.

But if there is a competitor in the telecom sector, company will try to crack the customers of oppenet compony. And for this it will launch new and exciting plans which will attract the customers. Company will also improve its quality and also tries to attract the customer from its quality services and behaviour.

Let the case of vodafone and bharti. As bharti starts to provide 3G service in India other poviders also try to give the 3G with some more services and try to recapture its customers which it losts.

So in this tariff war and service wars, it is the public who gets the maximum benefit not the company. In todays world public have many options and they have to see what extra that company is providing.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 6.0 by using a structured format. Use a template!!!

The GMAT graders need structure!! First of all you need an introduction.

The issue of whether a competitor is beneficial to a company is a controversial one. On the one hand, competition forces a company to be as efficient as possible so that it can offer the lowest possible prices to the consumer. On the other hand, competition may result in less demand for a company's products or services, since total industry demand is now shared. In my final analysis I believe competition to be ___________ to a company.

(yea, it's crappy but you get an idea)

Most *beneficial* not beneficiary. Mistakes like that will cost you because it's clearly not a typo. Be careful!

You should have 3 to 5 different points in support of your position. No less than 3! Structure your body...

First, companies ......

Second, it may be.....

Third, ......

(this again reinforces structure)

Structured conclusion to finish it off.

2.5-3.0/6.0

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-gmat/114848-470-700-my-second-try-say-aint-so-3.html

Page 3.

• 2 weeks later...
The presence of a competitor is always beneficial to a company. Competition forces a company to change itself in ways that improve its practices."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The competion among companies of a particular sector is most beneficiary to public instead of companines.

For example in the telecom industry, if only a single company will provide the services than the company knew that as there is a monopoly in this field and there is no other competitor, people are bound to take its service. They don't have any other choice. And it will result the low quality service. company will not launch the new plans for customer beneficial.

But if there is a competitor in the telecom sector, company will try to crack the customers of oppenet compony. And for this it will launch new and exciting plans which will attract the customers. Company will also improve its quality and also tries to attract the customer from its quality services and behaviour.

Let the case of vodafone and bharti. As bharti starts to provide 3G service in India other poviders also try to give the 3G with some more services and try to recapture its customers which it losts.

So in this tariff war and service wars, it is the public who gets the maximum benefit not the company. In todays world public have many options and they have to see what extra that company is providing.

I agree with the previous reader that your essay needs to be more structured.

I like your writing style, it has a nice flow to it, and is easy to read. Would be good to sprinkle your essay with more advance vocabulary.

The statement deals with whether or not competition is benefitial to the COMPANY. You, however, mostly discuss how it benefits the consumer. Good use of an example though.

I would give you:

Structure: 3

Style: 4

Content: 3.5

Overall: 3.5