Urch Forums

How to get a high GRE quant score - For average math or non-math test takers

zorrillo

i will say just excellent [clap] even though am a biology student i am some what good in maths but am not gettin in maths 700 in normal exams like pp, and other things, where am making mistakes those silly mistakes- miscalculation, and misunderstandings, hurry these thigs.

after reading the post i got how to overcome those mistakes especially " silly mistakes"

thank u

sreenivas

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plz dont worry about ur verbal score so much... u can improve it in fifteen days !thats what i did,... get done with ur wordlist fast and after that it wont be so difficult ! my exam s tomor and my quants score keeps fluctuating very badly !!!but the final exam s going to be very different ( i hope) a friend of mine never crossed 1100 in her practice tests and she got 1390.. so lets just cross our fingers and hope for the best

hi all,

I just enrolled in this forum and the first message I got to read was Zorrillo's which is quite enlightening, I must say. well, i am planning to take GRE sometime in the lst week of august, started preparing for it only in JUne. I am from non Math background, although I am quite comfortable with maths like Nishi. But Zorrilo's writing made me realize the need for "thorough brushing" of all the old theorums and tactics. I am still nt done with the vocabulary(and I am not a native english-speaker) ...but thankfully I hv got access to various test prep material thru this forum, internet and yes, good old library!!! so I am aspiring to study hard for the nest 3weeks. ...at this juncture zorrillo's post was a true help...so thank U very much for that!!!

good luck to all of U:)

why dont u try thr big book

shalabh_jain vbmenu_register("postmenu_188362", true); ? i didnt get the time to do it b4 my gre but i heard that its quite good! my paper was full of geometry and comparisons! a couple of questions on permutation and combination involving probability.. do kaplan if u can get it

oh yeah, and barrons cd is of a pretty good std ... for my test, i got things that i never expected to find... my quant was unbelievably lengthy... verbal was of a higher std than princeton or powerprep and barrons did not help for the actual verbal test :(

A very big Hello to all of you! It's been a while since I posted that article, and I'm very glad its still useful to a lot of test takers :) Wish you all the best on your GRE! You bring back memories of frantic revisions and practice exercises. I'll say that its a wonderful experience to go through it!

Rule of 3:

A car travels 50 km in 30 mins. How many kms does it travel in 15 mins?

30 mins == 50 kms

15 mins == ?

Rule of 5:

3 machines print 25 pages in 40 secs. How many pages do 5 machines of the same type print in 20 secs?

3 machines == 40 sec == 25 pages

5 machines == 20 sec == ?

Easy. They are called so because of the number of terms involved; 3 and 5 resp.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
thanks a lot for your nice tips and prepration tactics, i am one among those who are scared of numbers, whom maths is not the real problem but the fear of doing it is the problem.i did barrons zillions of times, finished evry math problem on test magic, completed maths review on pp. still dont feel free with maths.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...