Urch Forums

BAM! I received a score of 26 on the speaking section

knok

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Wow congrats! I am happy for you, but i must say... And why didn’t you invest with an attorney during that eight years to require your institution to except IELTS... perhaps it would have only taken you half the time and you would have earned at least 400k in that time frame. Wow ...there is millions lost as we set hear and allow it to continue to happen...WOW!

QUOTE=knok;778956]Thank you for your congratulations.

No, I got the online result today. I took it on March 6 after the TSE on March 5. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. I will be around for quite a while. :)

Wow congrats! I am happy for you, but i must say... And why didn’t you invest with an attorney during that eight years to require your institution to except IELTS... perhaps it would have only taken you half the time and you would have earned at least 400k in that time frame. Wow ...there is millions lost as we set hear and allow it to continue to happen...WOW!

I’m sorry Knok for the mathematical mistake... It would have been approximately 800k you could have made and that would have been amplified to about 95% of the test takers less 50% that would have earned as well... in a nut shell that would be not in the millions but billions in income for the foreign pharmacist due to none acceptance of IELTS from NABP.. again, Congrats... I’m happy for you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bino,

I am not sure how many K you are concerning about. My feeling right now is that I am not sure it is worth all my effort doing all those things. I feel really old now. Stress and pressure I have gone through the whole process put me in a very unhappily spot of my life for such a long time. I wasted my years of happiness and I don't know how long I can live to pursue my career. People came from different cultures to America. It is sometimes hard to understand and accept people from different cultures when some behaviors are not acceptable in my culture but I may have to deal with it. Or else, I have to withdraw myself out of that environment. Be prepared for that "trade-off" as well. Be open-minded. TOEFL is one of the test for you to deal with that when you have to deal with the test centers and other test takers.

I hope that everyone has good experience at your work. Don't be the one who makes everybody stay away from you yourself. :)

Knok, the Money I was referring about was the income that you could have generated during your lost time over the years... speaking about cultures, I am an American born, meaning I do understand my cultures here and fighting NAB and ETS in court or with an attorney I feel is the only way to make the two entities cooperate under "REASONABLE" rules and in our system a judge is the only one who can make NAB operate under "Reasonable" rules... Its unreasonable to stop someone from taking the board exam when requiring them to pass a speaking of 26... it was 24 in the past... its unreasonable when 48% foreign medical doctor graduates are passing the speaking with IELTS and only 3% to 4% are only passing with ETS.. Its unreasonable that a foreign pharmacy grad. has to solely depend on ETS as their only choice for foreign testing... Knok, my culture will support this effort, if they are aware of the unreasonableness of the facts... One way of doing that is getting it in the spotlight and using the media is the only way to go...20/20 news story Diane Sawyers... by the way..my wife is the one who is taking the exam..thanks for your reply and good luck in your endeavors

• 3 months later...

love it so much you are really inspiring , keep going ,i know that one day you will be a famous person

Thank you. Believe in yourself and do whatever you think that it is right. Enjoy your days. Good luck to you.

Life is not always fair. Finally, we all are dead. As long as we are still alive, please do whatever is good for you and others. Sooner or later, we will get there.

"Good or bad, hard to say."

"Once upon a time, there was a king. The king liked one of his followers

very much because he was very wise and always gave very useful advice.

Therefore the king took him along wherever he went.

One day, the king was bitten by a dog, the finger was injured and the

wound was getting worse. He asked the follower if that was a bad sign. The

follower said, 'Good or bad, hard to say'. In the end, the finger of

the king was too bad that had to be cut.

The king asked the follower again if that was a bad sign. Again, the

follower gave the same answer, 'Good or bad, hard to say'. The king

became very angry and sent the follower to prison.

One day, the king went hunting in the jungle. He got excited when he was

on the chase of a deer. Deeper and deeper he went inside the jungle.In the

end he found himself lost in the jungle. To make thing worse,he got

captured by the native people lived inside the! jungle. They wanted to sacrifice

him to their god. But when they noticed that the king had one finger

short, they released him immediately as he was not a perfect man anymore and not

suitable for sacrifice. The king managed to get back to his palace after

all. And he finally understood the follower's wise quote, 'Good or bad,

hard to say'. If he hadn't lost one finger, he could have been killed by

the native people.

He ordered to release the follower, and apologized to him. But to the

king amaze, the follower was not mad at him at all. Instead, the follower

said,'It wasn't a bad thing that you locked me up.'

Why?

Because if the king hadn't locked the follower up, he would have brought

the follower along to the jungle. If the native found that the king was

not suitable, they would have used the follower. Again, the quote 'Good or

bad, hard to say' stands.

The moral of the story

Everything that happens in this world, there is no absolute good or bad.

Sometimes good things turned out to be bad things eventually, while bad

things become a gain. Whatever good things that happen to you, enjoy it,

but don't have to hold too tight to it, treat it as a surprise in your

life. Whatever bad things that happen to you, don't have to feel too sad

or despair, in the end, it might not be a total bad thing after all.

If one can understand this, he or she will probably find life much

easier."

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...