Urch Forums

US F1 Visa "Pending Processing" for Administrative Processing

shamimhasan

• 2 weeks later...

If your visa is pending cos of administrative processing, I don't think it is something to be too worried about.

In most cases (what I've heard) - you get denied immediately.

Administrative processing is from the embassy's site. Same thing happened to my friend and he later found out that it was cos his name was the same as a man on the US wanted list (a terrorist) or something like that. He was given his visa in about a week after he got the notification of 'administrative processing'

If your visa is pending cos of administrative processing, I don't think it is something to be too worried about.

In most cases (what I've heard) - you get denied immediately.

Administrative processing is from the embassy's site. Same thing happened to my friend and he later found out that it was cos his name was the same as a man on the US wanted list (a terrorist) or something like that. He was given his visa in about a week after he got the notification of 'administrative processing'

Thanks for your reply.

But I am worried because I have been waiting since 67 days (till today) in pending processing. Embassy told not to send email about my visa processing, except just checking on website status. Does emailing to fmjvisas@state.gov help? or is it harmful?

It is stuck in "Name Check". Your name has appeared on the FBI terror list. So they have to check you out thoroughly and make sure that you are not the same person who is on their list. The embassy cannot issue the visa until they get the clearance from FBI. It is actually occurring quite often for people of a particular religion, but there is nothing which the embassy can do until the FBI issues the clearance. You will also experience this same problem every time you try to board a plane in the USA. They will stop you from boarding the plane and some FBI person will come and talk to you to issue the clearance. It is really unfortunate.

The first part of TraderJoe's comment is correct, the second part is false. The name check is based on certain countries, and very often people have similar names, so they have to clear it. I know that Egypt, Pakistan and Bangladesh are countries where this clearance is required.

There is also a problem with transliterating names from Arabic (for example) to English, so sometimes your name, or a bad guy's name, are spelled more than one way in English, and all that has to be checked. However, I have dealt with numerous people who have had to go through this to get their visa, and they have had no trouble after the visa was issued, including travel within the USA.

Tino

Today is the 75th day of my visa interview, faced in US Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh. My reporting date to university is closing. I emailed embassy and they replied that they are trying to provide before the reporting date but can not assure that. So they told to get an approval from university that late arrival will not hamper my positioning in university which will have to show at PoE. They also told that PoE already notified about this situation for students are entering US.

What can I do in this situation except waiting and checking update? Any one can give some advice?

Regards,

Shamim

• 3 years later...
You definitely should email them, if you've been waiting for 67 days. Never heard of that before.

I've been waiting for administrative process to be completed for my F-1 visa since 95 days.... and my classes will commence 2 weeks from now. Can u believe it?