Urch Forums

Restricted license due to their lack of citizenship in country of graduation!!

fpgeeLA

Hi everyone,

I'm a U.S citizen, who graduated in Germany. Due to the lack of the german citizenship, I'm only eligible to get a restricted license in Germany. Fpgec keeps turning me down and wont give me an alternative other than to get a license from a different country!!! Has anyone had the similiar problem? Please, help me, I'm really desperate.

Thanks,

fpgeeLA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi farmamania1,

I still havent found a solution. I even thought of going back to school here to get it over with, but we would have to do the whole 4 year program all over again! I'm still desperately searching for a solution!!!! If you find one please let me know. Is your situation exactly like mine or different?

fpgeeLA and farmamania1 A written request for an "Affidavit for Lack of Licensure" must be submitted with the application materials. The Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee™ (FPGEC®) will provide further information concerning this procedure to eligible candidates. The candidate must also submit official documentation verified by his or her pharmacy school or the applicable government agency that neither licensing nor registration was required. once you do this NABP will send you form to fill out. I highly recommend you hire lawyer who specialize in pharmacy law. it may cost you but it will be worth it. i hope this was helps you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi FpgeeLA,

Where you given a restricted license? I was told I would be able to apply and be approved as long as I can prove I am not able to be license in the country I received my degree in. I was also told by NABP I am not required to have a license or registration from another country either. I know everyone situation is different and for unique situations they rule case by case but what did they tell you exactly?

• 8 months later...

Hi FPGEELA,

have you considered to get a license in Canada first then transfer to a USA license???

Hi Shutterfly,

I'm not sure what your situation is exactly, but I haven't found a solution yet. The only solution I found is to go back to school all over!!!! I'm still looking though and please if you find something out let me know.

FpgeeLA,

really? When I was in the university in England, one of the classmates was Canadian n she went back to Canada for her licensure without a uk license. It was two years ago. Has the Canadian pharmacy board changed they regulation recently?

im so sorry for you! I wish you luck on sorting something out!

Hi cevf! I have but Canada's requirements are similar :( thanks for the suggestion tho!

• 7 years later...

Hello great Pharmacists! I obtained my pharmacy degree in Russia which I am not a citizen of.

After obtaining my degree, I moved to England and completed my PhD in pharmacy, followed by postdoctoral fellowship in the US. I am preparing my documents for NABP and I think I'll be in trouble since I do not have registration or licence from Russia or elsewhere.

As I understood (based on other user's comments in URCH), the "Affidavit for Failure to Obtain Licensure in a Foreign Jurisdiction” letter submitted with the application materials may not be useful. I was wondering if anyone has any solutions for this issue.

Feel free to email me your response: maxpharma6@gmail.com

Any help is greatly appreciated!