Urch Forums

640 (46Q, 32V) - aiming at 700 but with serious speed problems in verbal SC!

stevelep

Hi,

My first attempt in the real GMAT was a disaster: 520...I managed to improve Quants a little bit, raising my score to 640. it is more decent, but not enough...

English is not my native language and I could not even finish the last 5 questions on the real gmat!

I've read that SC should be done in 60 secs and currently I am doing them in 2 minutes minimum...that's my weak point! Currently, I am practicing with OG, OG verbal and Manhattant SC...but I do not notice any significant improvement.

Has anyone faced the same problem? I think that this is the key to touch the 700

thanks,

steve

• 3 years later...
SC is a tough question type. There is a lot of content and complicated grammar rules that you will need to learn. I would recommend that you review the MGMAT Sc guide and make sure to take lots of notes. People are more likely to remember things when they write them down. Also, it might help if you write down examples of incorrect grammar in a different color than the correct grammar, that will help you keep track of everything so that you don't misremember incorrect grammar as correct.