Urch Forums

Public Affairs, Public Policy, and Public Administration PhD Programs

I wanted to finish an economic PhD, but i have a low GRE 1340 (Q 750, V 590, Aw 4 ) so i was looking at this kind of PhD.

How hard is to be accepted as a TA in this PhD?

Is anybody from this forum who is interested in Public Affairs, Public Policy, and Public Administration PhD Programs?

I saw graduate-schools.phds that the average of quantative is very low around 600 in the most universties.

Edited by Espinosa88
score of AW

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at Public Policy programs. I'm in the same boat. Just finishing a M.A. in Econ, but I think I'll have a comparative advantage in a policy analysis type program, and my Gre scores have been too low for a Phd in Econ. Plus I'm not a superstar in math. I'm ok at it, but would probably struggle in a Econ Phd where, but I feel I would thrive in a public policy phd. I've yet to find a good forum that discusses admission to public policy programs. Grad cafe has one, but there isn't a lot of traffic.

Generally the Quant requirements are much lower for these programs. Have you found any schools you're targeting?