Urch Forums

Is official guide tough enough for real TOEFL iBT

shadoWizard

I am studying THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO THE NEW TOEFL iBT. I found the reading passage very easy. I did 13 questions from an exercise and got all right (took 17 min which i think is too much...is it?:hmm:). Can someone tell me that whether McGrawhill's OG for TOEFL iBT is worth it or not?

Fahad

• 2 months later...

Dear Fahad,

If you want to make it over 100 in iBT TOEFL, I just recommend you to go through more books, of course if you have enough time. I name 3 books in 3 different levels that will help you.

1- Basic Level: Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test

2- Intermediate Level: BARRON'S TOEFL iBT

3- Advanced: Cambridge Preparation To TOEFL

and of course my own website as an online source [sEE MY SIGNATURE OR PROFILE]

Anyhow, I think that one source and it be the official guide is not good enough for iBT TOEFL. If you have any other question regarding this matter please feel free to ask.

Good luck!

Edited by Erin
Hormel product.

It is enough but not for someone with high expectations. With the use of the official guide you can just get acquainted to the form of the test and the style of the questions, which is helpful. Still, if you want to improve your skills and get a higher score you need to work with tougher books, which in this case can be Delta or Cambridge publications.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

I need any help about TOEFL. I need 80 from the test, so I will be able to apply for master program.

Im trying to study, but I can't find or good book or a good method, so any help is more than welcome, any speaking guide or listening, I'm really confused, about how to study for it. I have about form month to prepare myself, so please help me:)

thanks