Urch Forums

Latest government report

nafishasan

We doubt that the latest government report will scare Americans away from ham, bacon, sausages, hot dogs, bologna, and salami or that it will empty out the bars or cause a run on natural food supplies. If a diet were to be mandated from Washington, Americans probably would order the exact opposite course. Therefore, the diet that does make sense is to eat a balanced and varied diet composed of foods from all food groups and containing a reasonable caloric intake.

Which of the following is (are) specifically implied by the passage?

I. Vitamins are necessary to combat disease.

II. A recent report warned of the risks of meat and alcoholic beverages.

III. Unorthodox suggestions for a more nutritional diet were recently made by the government.

A. I only

B. II only

C. III only

D. I and II only

E. II and III only

we doubt - govt report - any impact

we believ - opposite will happen

conclude - balanced diet is imp

Implied - govt made some outrageous remarks regarding intake of non-veg food

1. no implication of vitamins'

2. no alcohol

3 is the answer therf\efore C

What about B?

It is clear from the passage that the report has commented negatively on meat and alcohol consumption and recommended the consumption of natural food.

I is out of scope

II is clear from the passage

III cannot be readily concluded because it is not possible to comment on whether the suggestions were unorthodox or not

What about B?

It is clear from the passage that the report has commented negatively on meat and alcohol consumption and recommended the consumption of natural food.

I is out of scope

II is clear from the passage

III cannot be readily concluded because it is not possible to comment on whether the suggestions were unorthodox or not

First sentence points that.

C is the pick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We doubt that the latest government report(Govt released some report for sure) )will scare Americans away from ham, bacon, sausages, hot dogs, bologna, and salami or that it will empty out the bars or cause a run on natural food supplies. If a diet were to be mandated from Washington, Americans probably would order the exact opposite course. Therefore, the diet that does make sense is to eat a balanced and varied diet composed of foods from all food groups and containing a reasonable caloric intake.

Which of the following is (are) specifically implied by the passage?

I. Vitamins are necessary to combat disease.
 (HAHAHA. that was never said )

II. A recent report warned of the risks of meat and alcoholic beverages.
 (No one said the report was also about alcohol, for sure it was for meat )

III. Unorthodox suggestions for a more nutritional diet were recently made by the government. (For sure there was a govt report which talked about meat and probably about more nutritional diet)

C is the answer

A. I only

B. II only

C. III only

D. I and II only

E. II and III only